Man o man where do I even start! I guess first of all, I'd like to say it was great meeting you guys last night. I had to work til 3:30 so I couldn't make it to the first half of the social. Maybe next time I 'll be able to make it. I'd like to thank Rango for allowing me to captain the BEAST. He said it was to allow us the extra room, but after a little while I was slowly starting to beleive it was the medicine aboard the other crew. As we heard across the way someone say "the bite is slow, but the drink is fast". Well the bite was certainly slow but all in all it was a very enjoyable evening fishing.
I started the night off with the first fish that went 1.5ish. My brother Chris who came up from Savannah,Georgia caught the next one. Mrs. Rango and Mrs. crappie eye caught a few apiece through the night.But for the most part me and Chris had the good bite.The final tally on the beast was 18 fish.I had two 1.10 fish, one at1.6, the one 1.5, and a few more around the 1lb. mark.Toward the end of the night the bite started to pick up with Chris landing a 1.11 which just happened to be the money fish. With all the commotion on the beast, we started hearing faint cries across the cove saying to bring em' in we comin' over. It sure is hard to leave a hole when the bite is coming on,but that was the time agreed upon.So we startd getting all the stuff put away so Rango could come back aboard. Now thats a sight that I can say I've never seen,Rango three sheets to the wind. I almost thought that he didn't know if he was on wylie or wateree . After the trip back to the landing he seemed to have re-gained most of senses, mainly wanting to know who won the money. Pete broke out the scales and we dug into the beast's treasure chest to reveal the money fish. Congrats to Chris on his nice slab. I'm sure he'll be needing gas money to get back home.
I hope Boyce and Billy enjoy those fish, ya'll have to come back in a few weeks when the bite gets good. Well i guess that's all for now, til next time good fishing to all. Thanks Kunes for being the designated driver for Rango back to the beast.