Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: posting pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default posting pictures

for some weeks now I've been having trouble posting pictures using photobucket. I can paste in the message window, the url appears where I want it, I review the message and the photobucket info does not appear on the review window. I can go back to the message window, and the photobucket info is still there. I can go ahead and post the thread, and no photo appears in the thread for me. Apparently other folks can see the photo, but I can't. Is there a problem with my proceedure using photobucket, or could it be some bug that's in my puter preventing me from seeing pasted photos? I'm at a loss.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that it has something to do with your computer, but it does sound confusing, Can you view the pictures that others post? If not then I would think a setting on your pc got changed.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting a Picture on any other website
    Copy the code that start with [img] and paste it to your post and end the code with [/img]

Ok... let's consider now the case where you have no website, your images are on your C drive and you would love to share them with us. There are some websites that allow you to upload images (here you have some of them):

http://imageshack.us
    http://www.imagevenue.com
    http://imgspot.com

All you need to do is go to one of the addresses shown above. You'll find a browse button that will allow you to choose the picture you want to upload from your computer. Then you just need to accept and after a few seconds you'll get a list of addresses of your image (in different formats). You can choose the plain address (the one that starts with http and ends up by jpg or gif) and follow the instructions above to display it in the forum or, you can directly choose the code that is given by the image site for display in forums. You just need to copy the address they give you and paste it directly into the forum.

Hope this helped.

ols ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Wills ....

Quote Originally Posted by willsjwills
    for some weeks now I've been having trouble posting pictures using photobucket. I can paste in the message window, the url appears where I want it, I review the message and the photobucket info does not appear on the review window. I can go back to the message window, and the photobucket info is still there. I can go ahead and post the thread, and no photo appears in the thread for me. Apparently other folks can see the photo, but I can't. Is there a problem with my proceedure using photobucket, or could it be some bug that's in my puter preventing me from seeing pasted photos? I'm at a loss.
    PM me with a step by step recount of what/how you're going about this ... I'll see if I can figure it out for you. There shouldn't be a problem with you being able to view the picture in the "preview" post, or in your submitted post .. sounds like you've got some kind of "block" turned on, somewhere. I'm no computer guru, so my help may be limited, but I'll certainly try and figure it out for you. Some of our more "computer literate" members may already know what's up ... and will reply if/when they read this thread. If not ... I'll be more than happy to have a go at it, for you.

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

not the same trouble but i was having problems veiwing a game like crappiepappy said mind was a pop-up block on aol took it off and everything was fine
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

I always use the IMG address from Photobucket, and the pics shows up on the screen perfect. Try that first, might be the easy fix. Just copy and paste.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you say the pictures can be seen by others, and I assume you have been able to see them in the pst, then I would have to suspect your computer has gotten a bit scrambled somehow. You might try using Window's System Restore option from the Start/Help menu and reset your computer back to a date you think it was working properly.

Eddie
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72
    I would think that it has something to do with your computer, but it does sound confusing, Can you view the pictures that others post? If not then I would think a setting on your pc got changed.
    I can view pictures that other folks post. I just can't see the photos that I post when I preview the post or after I have submitted the message. The url doesn't even show up in the preview or after being submitted. I am lost, particularly since folks can see the photos that I have posted that I can't see.

unless someone replies, i have no way of knowing if the photos made it or not. I wouldn't know about this, but I tried to post a photo, thinking I was unsuccessful , but a friend PM'd me about the post and the photo. Figure that one out.
    Last edited by willsjwills; 07-25-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebhome
    Since you say the pictures can be seen by others, and I assume you have been able to see them in the pst, then I would have to suspect your computer has gotten a bit scrambled somehow. You might try using Window's System Restore option from the Start/Help menu and reset your computer back to a date you think it was working properly.

Eddie
    Thanks, Eddie. I had forgotten about that feature. I will try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked with Mozilla and found out i've had an automatic update on my Firefox web browser that caused all the trouble. I can use IE instead and everything is cosher, probably until Bill Gates decides to update it and screw things up again for me. Mozilla is working on a fix on Firefox.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help.