Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: got to thinkin

Post Thanks / Like

Default got to thinkin

if anyone has seen the banjo minnow
    it just a hook in the lip of soft plastic
    and i was wondering if i could take a small circle hook and put it in the lip of a uncle bucks minnow and make a smaller version to use on cathing crappie

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Kody ....

Quote Originally Posted by kody
    if anyone has seen the banjo minnow
    it just a hook in the lip of soft plastic
    and i was wondering if i could take a small circle hook and put it in the lip of a uncle bucks minnow and make a smaller version to use on cathing crappie
    I don't know why it wouldn't work. But, I'm wondering about whether or not a circle hook would be the best thing to use. There are "Standout" hooks, made for that method (drop shot) ... or just a small Aberdeen (like a #4) tied with a palomar knot, may be a better option. I'm thinking this way for only one reason ... not being familiar with using the "drop shot" style of finesse fishing, I'd still have a tendancy to "jerk", when getting a hit. :D Can't help it, just too many years of setting the hook with speed :p I just have all my nerves and muscles trained to react instantaneously ... LOL!!

Standout hooks : http://www.standouthooks.com/

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

good call
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I had totally forgoten about the BANJO minnow!!!! I actually caught a couple crappie on them on time.....the smallest ones.