Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rough year for tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rough year for tackle

I broke my favorite StCroix rod this spring, wore out the quantum kinetic that was in all those walleye pics after only 2 yrs and ripped the gears out of my sweet 10 yr old stradic last week when I took a wipe out in a creek smallie fishing. Smacked the snot out of one of my knees too. The knee will heal, my poor stradic is toast. GRR I'm pretty careful with my gear. I've never gone through so much good gear in a year. Caught some sweet river smallies though. :D
    Good things come to those who bait.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    I broke my favorite StCroix rod this spring, wore out the quantum kinetic that was in all those walleye pics after only 2 yrs and ripped the gears out of my sweet 10 yr old stradic last week when I took a wipe out in a creek smallie fishing. Smacked the snot out of one of my knees too. The knee will heal, my poor stradic is toast. GRR I'm pretty careful with my gear. I've never gone through so much good gear in a year. Caught some sweet river smallies though. :D
    Grizz, It wouldn't hurt to give St Croix a call...Tell them what happened & they just might replace it....When you replace your stradic give the Symetre 750 a try.. I think you will like it...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Grizz i believe you have a brother in Missouri...ole beagle man could break an anvil with a glass hammer.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the StCroix warranty page:

http://www.stcroixrods.com/content.a...tion=resources

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with DonG as I broke my heavy action GLoomis rod a couple of years back and found it had a life time guarantee and they replaced it and all I paid was shipping and it's a $345 rod.

They never even ask how it got broke and it happened when I was having trouble with my rail system that puts my boat in the water and I was crawling into the boat and sat on it, ugh!

Sorry to hear you luck has not been good with your equipment.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice guys. I don't think I realized that the premiers were 5 yr warranty. I've been planning on shipping everything to their respective warranty centers, but I have been procrastinating. I guess its time to get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Grizz, It wouldn't hurt to give St Croix a call...Tell them what happened & they just might replace it....When you replace your stradic give the Symetre 750 a try.. I think you will like it...
    I have an Ardent reel on the way to test and tell all you guys about, so I may email them and light a flame under them to get it to me quick. I have also been looking at the reels in the Tackle Tour coverage of the ICAST show and saw a couple there that interest me and that should interest you as well. In particular Diawa has released a new real called the Regal Xia. Its an 11 bearing reel that retails for just 50 bucks. I'm usually not one to buy reels under the $100 mark, but I may pick up one of these and see what its like. I have never been a big fan of Diawas, but a few the recent reels I have had in my hands have impressed me. Cabelas already has the Regal Xia's in stock. They had a Xi out last year, but I understand the new one is a whole new real with their new gear technology.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 07-24-2007 at 07:52 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.