PDA

View Full Version : Need help with username

darren_ward6@msn.com
07-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I need help guys. I cant seem to find where to edit my username or apply for one. Thanks in advance for any help.:cool:

GRIZZ
07-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Good question - I can't find it either. Never saw anyone ask this question either. Do you know how CP?

jlaughlin72
07-24-2007, 06:16 AM
I need help guys. I cant seem to find where to edit my username or apply for one. Thanks in advance for any help.:cool:

I don't think you can change your username once you create your account. Your account is fairly new, so you may want to just create a new one with the name you want on it.

CrappiePappy
07-24-2007, 07:02 AM
I don't think you can change your username once you create your account. Your account is fairly new, so you may want to just create a new one with the name you want on it.

as far as I know, once you choose a user name - that's it. About the only way I can think of getting it changed, is to PM "edhead" (Ed, the site owner) and ask him if he can change it for you. I can't change it, and neither can you ... so, if Ed can't do it - then you're stuck with it, or you can re-register under another user name and just not use this "email addy" one.

.... cp :cool:

darren_ward6@msn.com
07-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Its no problem. I might just re-register. Thanks for the replies.

Glowgood Jigster
07-26-2007, 05:52 AM
I was gonna take the "Jigster" off my handle months ago but there wasn't any way... It just stuck, like that biker they call "Fuzzy Bunny"... Stuck there forever.

papasage
07-26-2007, 06:24 AM
the edit list click on usercp at the top left just under the thread list . you can change all but the user name . just re reguster to change name if ed can`t do it .

darrenW
08-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Here we go. I hit the auto fill button the first time I registered!:o

bugman
08-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Welcome back.....much better.

jlaughlin72
08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Welcome back man. Just a few more post and you will have you guppy ranking back. Glad you were able to figure out what went wrong and were able to correct it.

CAPPIECRAZY
08-03-2007, 12:10 PM
good luck. i've emailed the man and got no response. going to re-register myself.

darrenW
08-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Heheh...maybe I can rank up to a shad after that!:D

CrappiePappy
08-04-2007, 05:21 AM
good luck. i've emailed the man and got no response. going to re-register myself.

is a lost cause. Sending him a PM is the only way to get in touch with him ... and that's dependant upon when he has time to sort thru his PM's.
Nonetheless ... re-registering is the easiest way, and only way for "members" to correct/change their User Name. Even with Admin abilities, I would have to re-register, myself, were I to decide to change my User Name. ;)

One suggestion, if/when you decide to re-register under a new User name .... look thru the "Members List" and make sure you're not duplicating an already valid member's User Name.

... cp :cool:

HOTSPOT
08-28-2007, 10:38 AM
I found this thread because I need a slight change in my user name. Is there a process in place now?

Thanks!!!

CrappiePappy
08-28-2007, 11:01 AM
I found this thread because I need a slight change in my user name. Is there a process in place now?
Thanks!!!

Best advice I can offer is ... PM Ed (edhead) and ask him to change it to whatever you want it to be. You can't change it on your own ... you'd have to re-register, under the new user name, and just let this one stay as is.

... cp :cool:

ps ... if you do send a PM to Ed, don't expect it to be changed in a day or two. Ed checks his PM's, during the week, only once in awhile ... he's more likely to see it during the weekend. He will get around to it, after all the other "priorities" have been taken care of (like site fixes, modifications, updates, upgrades, etc).

HOTSPOT
08-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks cp!