Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stiletto or Solas Prop?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stiletto or Solas Prop?

I can get a Stiletto Advantage I stainless prop, 13 1/4 x 15, for $283.99 with free shipping or a Solas Titon stainless prop,13 3/4 x 15, for 265.99 plus unknown shipping cost.I have a Yamaha 70 HP with a Solas 17 pitch that I can only get 5000 rpm from. What would you recommend, please? Thanks, Randy
    http://www.iboats.com/mall/propfinde...t_id=684850719

http://www.iboats.com/mall/propfinde...t_id=684850719

Post Thanks / Like

would be best to talk to a prop repair place they could tell you which way to go i think its 200 rpms per inch.
    I am not sure if either of those props are cupped. If they are not you will lose bite in the turns.

Post Thanks / Like

On the Iboats forums there is a guy who tested a bunch of stainless on his aluminum fishing boat and the Stiletto came out near the top, Turbo1 being the best (same company that makes stiletto). There are better prices avalible on ebay if you do some looking, I picked up a Turbo 1 for my 70hp Johnson for 225$ shipped, one heck of a good prop for my aluminum boat, gained a better hole shot, and 3 mph topend over a stock 17pitch cupped aluminum. NEVER blows on on turns either, even raised the motor up 2 bolt holes over the aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like

I recomend staying away from the solas, it is a soft prop. The stilleto is much better.

Post Thanks / Like

If that 17 pitch prop is in very good condition I would be interested in buying it. Send me a PM or reply back here. Thanks, Todd