Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Noisy auto pilot...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Noisy auto pilot...

Any trolling motor whose steering is accomplished with a dc motor is gonna be a little bit noisy. They have plastic gears just like kiddie electric cars. Most use a Johnson Controls dc motor. Same motor as a dustbuster, electric weed eater, etc. If this is the noise someone was talking about, you gotta live with it. It is worth the noise to most of us.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Any trolling motor whose steering is accomplished with a dc motor is gonna be a little bit noisy. They have plastic gears just like kiddie electric cars. Most use a Johnson Controls dc motor. Same motor as a dustbuster, electric weed eater, etc. If this is the noise someone was talking about, you gotta live with it. It is worth the noise to most of us.

C'mon Tom, you know d*** well you can't hear that motor.... You must be feeling vibration thru your feet and assuming it's noise...:D
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

my MK is as quite as they come as far as the prop motor. the steering motor is just a little bit noisy, but then it is right under my feet, well almost. I agree with CP, it's not that bad as to bother anything.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    C'mon Tom, you know d*** well you can't hear that motor.... You must be feeling vibration thru your feet and assuming it's noise...:D

Who needs hearing? I have excellent divination and clairvoyance skills. These skills come with age I guess. How is your sixth sense doing?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"