PDA

View Full Version : Noisy auto pilot...

Cane Pole
07-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Any trolling motor whose steering is accomplished with a dc motor is gonna be a little bit noisy. They have plastic gears just like kiddie electric cars. Most use a Johnson Controls dc motor. Same motor as a dustbuster, electric weed eater, etc. If this is the noise someone was talking about, you gotta live with it. It is worth the noise to most of us.

Don G
07-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Any trolling motor whose steering is accomplished with a dc motor is gonna be a little bit noisy. They have plastic gears just like kiddie electric cars. Most use a Johnson Controls dc motor. Same motor as a dustbuster, electric weed eater, etc. If this is the noise someone was talking about, you gotta live with it. It is worth the noise to most of us.

C'mon Tom, you know d*** well you can't hear that motor....:) You must be feeling vibration thru your feet and assuming it's noise...:D

wannabe fisherman
07-23-2007, 07:44 AM
my MK is as quite as they come as far as the prop motor. the steering motor is just a little bit noisy, but then it is right under my feet, well almost. I agree with CP, it's not that bad as to bother anything.

Cane Pole
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
C'mon Tom, you know d*** well you can't hear that motor....:) You must be feeling vibration thru your feet and assuming it's noise...:D

Who needs hearing? I have excellent divination and clairvoyance skills. These skills come with age I guess. How is your sixth sense doing?