Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sac-a-lait Is This

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sac-a-lait Is This

the Bait Pump you are talking about? If so, I was probably one of the first to own one a few years back...I hope you can tell in the picture that the nibbles past by the "O" ring seal. This caused quite a mess...I think it is a great idea but improvements need to be made...I used it 1 time...I don't use nibbles much so I don't miss using the pump...I am always open to try new products, this one just didn't work for me.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

that looks like the one I have. Been using it for a year and don't know what I'd do without it. I've been a believer in Crappie Nibbles for a while and this little contraption makes it easier to use them without so much waste. Mine works flawlessly. Almost had a stroke today. Couldn't find it. Was in another compartment. Whew.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    the Bait Pump you are talking about? If so, I was probably one of the first to own one a few years back...I hope you can tell in the picture that the nibbles past by the "O" ring seal. This caused quite a mess...I think it is a great idea but improvements need to be made...I used it 1 time...I don't use nibbles much so I don't miss using the pump...I am always open to try new products, this one just didn't work for me.

Looks like you may have filled it too full. I have 2 and haven't had any problems with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait pump

I don't think you can overfill the pump. ( I couldn't get the threads engaged)
    The "O" ring must be missing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, the plastic is different color, Has a deep tip and an O ring. It doesn't come backwards, just out the tip. It's so clean, I inject then put the pump IN MY POCKET!!!

Yea, as I said in the poll, I know people have had these for years and been using them with much success. But I'm one of those old schoolers who didn't think anymore than a JIG should do it. Well, I had seen fish bite and hold onto nibbles PLACED ON A HOOK, but they came off so quickly, I wasn't interested in them (nibbles). Well my friend Hugh had a pump and talked about it. I figured if he was using nibbles, than certainly I needed to check more into them. Either way, all I was trying to say is that this is the BEST thing I added to my boat his year.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 07-22-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=sac-a-lait]Yea, the plastic is different color, Has a deep tip and an O ring. It doesn't come backwards, just out the tip. It's so clean, I inject then put the pump IN MY POCKET!!!

Thanks Sac, I guess they did make improvemnts on the original...Do you have trouble with the nibbles getting hard while in the pump?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day