Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping for fish! 797 Sidescan pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shopping for fish! 797 Sidescan pics

Shopping for fish! Well, that is what Honey termed my sidescan adventures this weekend. So, I guess you can say I went “fish shopping” this weekend..haha… Here are a few snapshots I took. Refer to the attatchments.

Snapshot S00049

I believe these lines are a result of the prop/step hull interaction at this speed (above 5 mph). More defined lines appear on the left than on the right. I believe it is because the transducer is mounted on the bottom right side of the transom step and this is turbulence showing up in snapshot. Possible air bubbles.

Snapshot S00043

Brush pile with 4X zoom (right side view only). A shadow is cast from what I believe is a “void” or no echo return area. It is blocked by the brushpile. I might be wrong. I am on a learning curve. Ha

Snapshot S00047

Snap of some snapshots on the Navionics map. When you take a snapshot, it generates a waypoint and assigns the waypoint a camera icon. Neat!

Snapshot S00037

Snap of a manmade (dug) canal on Big Sandy South. This canal was dug prior to Ky Lake (which was flooded in the late 1930’s early 1940’s). No one, including Steve Mc Cadams, can tell me the history of this canal.

Snapshot S00040

Snap of a brushpile near a point. Refer to Snapshot S00047 for a map reference.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 09-11-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

CP,

Did you get any fish from these spots. I can spend all day looking at my 997 and not get any fishing done.

Later,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, is snap shot 37 in west sandy or is it in the big sandy south of west sandy?
    Some of the white lines in snap shot 49 are fish. If you will cut your range down to about 60 to 75 feet, turn your sensitivity down to around 50%, and slow down to around 2 mph, every thing will be a lot clearer and more definded. Give me a shout the next time your down and we will go out in my boat and look at a few things. I know where a sunken boat is. That looks real cool.
    Last edited by 1weezer; 07-22-2007 at 08:40 PM.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Tom, is snap shot 37 in west sandy or is it in the big sandy south of west sandy?
    Some of the white lines in snap shot 49 are fish. If you will cut your range down to about 60 to 75 feet, turn your sensitivity down to around 50%, and slow down to around 2 mph, every thing will be a lot clearer and more definded. Give me a shout the next time your down and we will go out in my boat and look at a few things. I know where a sunken boat is. That looks real cool.
    That West Sandy out from the cow pasture. Not far from a sunken boat. Is it the one you are talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    CP,

Did you get any fish from these spots. I can spend all day looking at my 997 and not get any fishing done.

Later,
    Buzz
    We fished some, and caught a few, but it was too rough. Wind and boats. Just teaching my self how to adapt this thing to my fishing style. I ain't got no style!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    That West Sandy out from the cow pasture. Not far from a sunken boat. Is it the one you are talking about?
    The one I am talking about is over by the power lines.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Those things make me dizzy! Can someone tell me how to look at it.I don't get it.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    The one I am talking about is over by the power lines.
    OK. Lets go take a look. You can give me some pointers on the sidescan. I ain't too old to learn. I still got 31 days!
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 07-22-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigster
    Those things make me dizzy! Can someone tell me how to look at it.I don't get it.

Jigster
    I'm with you brother - I enjoy all the input from everyone on this high tech redneck technology --- but them pics don't tell me nothin, other than the pic of the canal. I see no brushpile
    on the road again...just can't wait to get back to...TOLEDO BEND

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rangertee
    I'm with you brother - I enjoy all the input from everyone on this high tech redneck technology --- but them pics don't tell me nothin, other than the pic of the canal. I see no brushpile
    Fish relate to these banks just like they do brush. This canal is part of our "crappie highway system" here at Big Sandy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast