Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Help Humminbird 997 Minnkota 55

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help Humminbird 997 Minnkota 55

I Have A Pro Team I75 Bass Tracker. I Have Looked At Two Items I Would Like To Have. Hummin Bird 997 Side Image & A Minn Kota 55.
    The Fish Finder That Came With The Boat Does Not Do To Much. The Trolling Motor Is To Hard To Use When The Water Is Rough & It Is Also A Pain Sittin In One Spot. I Seen Some Place That They Have A Thing Like A Watch That You Strap On Your Arm & You Can Control The Motor From There. I Also Have A Site That Shows The 997 In Action. If Anyone Out There Knows Anything About These Items It Would Sure Be Helpfull. Dont Wat To Spend The Money If They Will Not Be Helpfull. Thanks To All

Post Thanks / Like

PW,

I have the Humminbird 997 and love it. I'm fishing out of a 2005 Tracker Nitro. The trolling motor that came on the boat is weak to say the least. (12volt 46lb motor guide.) On the way is a 80lb 24 volt Minn Kota. I think the trolling motor you are talking about is one of the Terrova's with autopilot.

Try this: http://www.minnkotamotors.com/produc...pg=fbm_terrova

Later and good luck,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a 997 and love it. I don't know of any one that has one of these units that don't like it. The trolling motor your talking about is a power drive with an auto pilot.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't leave home without my auto pilot.

Thanks for fixing me up with the Minn Kota Richard. It is a good unit. Now I will say, I want get another Motorguide.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwbuilding
    I Have A Pro Team I75 Bass Tracker. I Have Looked At Two Items I Would Like To Have. Hummin Bird 997 Side Image & A Minn Kota 55.
    The Fish Finder That Came With The Boat Does Not Do To Much. The Trolling Motor Is To Hard To Use When The Water Is Rough & It Is Also A Pain Sittin In One Spot. I Seen Some Place That They Have A Thing Like A Watch That You Strap On Your Arm & You Can Control The Motor From There. I Also Have A Site That Shows The 997 In Action. If Anyone Out There Knows Anything About These Items It Would Sure Be Helpfull. Dont Wat To Spend The Money If They Will Not Be Helpfull. Thanks To All
    You are talking about Minnkota's Co-Pilot. It can be added to any Minnkota with the power drive pedal. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default transducer

Thanks For All The Info Guys. Another Question. Being That The Screen Shows The Bottom In Halfs Left & Right. Where Do You Mount The Transducer? Front ? Rear? Center Of Boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power drive and si

I have the minn kota powerdrive unit with autopilot and copilot. The copilot remote is about the size of a large watch. I attach it to a belt loop and can control the tm from anywhere in the boat. This is great as I can steer while minding my lines at the rear while trolling. The autopilot lets me line up along the shoreline and fish without having to constantly mind the tm to stay on course. All you have to do is use enough thrust to maintain heading against crosswinds/wave action.

I also have a 797c2si. This thing is great. While searching for structure you can cover a path up to 720 feet wide at 6mph or better. My transducer is mounted on the rear of my boat right of center. This location works well for me as long as I run just a little tilt on the outboard to keep the foot out of the way. TM mount would work ok too I think, but I like to travel at about 5mph while searching. If not for the cost, I would have gotten the 997 for the bigger screen (I got the 797 for $800 vs $1800 for a 997). The 797 is easy to see in sunlight and does a good job for either downlooking or si, and you can split the screen and do both at once. I have gotten some pics of underwater structure that are almost like a photo. Unfortunately, I have not been able to download them to this board.

Hope this helps, feel free to pm me if I can be of more help.

You can also set the si to shoot one side rather than both at once.

CrappieDan

Post Thanks / Like

Get the auto-pilot with co-pilot, you'll be hooked for life. You will be able to fish more and spend less time driving the boat, especially on windy days.

Post Thanks / Like

auto pilot is the only way to go. And as soon as I can come up with the $$ this fall I will have the co-pilot on mine.
    Pete