Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: late fishing report

Post Thanks / Like

Default late fishing report

last Sat. my son who was home on leave took my boat to Lake Chamung near Howell and caught 25 nice gills. All came on a blue/silver jig tube combo. Across the lake from the boat launch in a small bay that dropped off to deep water. It nice he can read the mapping unit to find places to start fishing. Thanks steelguy for your help at Jordan. It was breezy to say the least but we caught a few fish.

Post Thanks / Like

your welcome firetech, glad your by and you at least caught a few, to bad the weather did not cooperate a little more
    did you catch any crappie on lake chemung? that is my favorite fish to go after.
    A friend and I tried a couple of lake this weekend with mixed results.
    little long near harrison , 41 crappies and a couple of decent gills, also left a few jigs with some hungry toothy pike, lost three jigs myself
    lake missauki(i know that is not how it is spelled) lake city.
    caught about a half dozen crappies and two good perch, they killed off all the weeds on the east side of the lake and that is where I always fished, sure wish they would not mess with the weeds
    also tried merrill lake, north of barrington, not a good launch for bigger boats, and has a 10hp restriction on motors, but it is a small lake.
    anyway only caught two decent size gills and a couple of small bass, we were mostly fishing for crappies though, I think you could have gotten a mess of gills if you wanted to sort enough, lots of little ones.
    still better than working!!!!:rolleyes:
    fillet em n fry em
    john