Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hydrolic Steering

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hydrolic Steering

I have a 17.5 foot Nitro with a 115 Mercury and the steering is a little tough even when well lubricated. I've heard that hydraulic steering is the way to go. Anyone got any information they can share?

Thanks,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 18' Javelin with a Johnson 150 Faststrike. I never put hydrolic steering on it but I should have. I have driven boats wiyh the hydrolic on them and it is a world of difference. It is like power steering for your boat. No tired arms from fighting the steering wheel because there is no steering torque. A little expensive but worth it.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

The steering on my 20ft boat and 140 Suzuki is the best I have ever had . Steer it with 2 fingers easy. But will add the Hydraulic steering to in a year or so. Just to make it so much better on long runs.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hydraulic steering is great! Once you have it, you won't want to be with out it.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions on where to buy or brand names?

Thanks,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

go to http://www.teleflexmarine.com/steering-us/ and check them out. You will have to buy from a dealer . Careful when installing. these things only work right if properly bled down to get all the air out. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2006 Triton TR196/ 200 Optimax with hydraulic. Just point it the direction you want it to go and it does. Little to no counter steering. I love it !

Post Thanks / Like

might try aftermarket marine they are cheaper http://www.amarket.com/stee.htm

~ sticko ~

Triton_Andy Guest

I have the Teleflex Sea Star system on my boat. With a 115 you could get by with the lighter Bay Star system. Teleflex has been making hydraulic steering systems for a long time and they know their stuff. Hydraulic compared to cable steering is like night and day.
    Last edited by Triton_Andy; 07-23-2007 at 09:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 20' ranger CC w/200 merc. with hydro flex hydraulic steering. Works great, let go of the steering wheel and boat tracks straight, turns easy. Don't have to compensate for motor torque. Pricey but I think it's worth the money.