Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need ideas on mounting transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default need ideas on mounting transducer

I just bought a fish finder and don't really want to drill holes in my aluminum boat plus I use my boat for duck hunting.I was wondering if I could mount the transducer on some kind of aluminum pipe or something of that nature and then clamp the pipe to the side of my boat kind of like a fishin buddy fish finder.I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.Thanks

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quickfire67
    I just bought a fish finder and don't really want to drill holes in my aluminum boat plus I use my boat for duck hunting.I was wondering if I could mount the transducer on some kind of aluminum pipe or something of that nature and then clamp the pipe to the side of my boat kind of like a fishin buddy fish finder.I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.Thanks
    Yep, that will work just fine. I used to do that for a fish finder I had on the bow.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quickie

I Duck hunt also and I'm curious as to the number 67? What does it stand for in your user name?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    I Duck hunt also and I'm curious as to the number 67? What does it stand for in your user name?
    Thats the year I was born.I read on an earlier post where you fished paradise I live just a couple of miles from there.If it aint raining tomorrow Sun. Im gonna go try lake mattoon. I know its early but I plan on catching more fish than Redtick this year so I want to get any early start.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 67 ..what a year

That was the reason I asked. I also was born in 1967 Good luck tomorrow
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

The duck hunters that use the blind next to my house came and tore down their blind for the season.

Piginthepen, Rudy has a real nice young retriever, he wins competition events with her. He duck hunts when I would stay home. Rudy is a pretty good shot, at least when he killed the rabbits in front of my beagles. I got it on tape.

I personally am going to keep working with my hunting dogs for another couple of weeks.

As for the transducer, I plan on bolting mine on to my boat even if it means I will have to drill holes. I plan on using my Fishing Buddy on the front of my boat. I have a foot control trolling motor I have to decide if I want to mount it or just use my transom mount trolling motor.