PDA

View Full Version : Bait Pump

sac-a-lait
07-20-2007, 10:35 PM
This is the best thing I've added to my boat this year.

(http://www.thebaitpump.com)I know some on here are very familiar with this device but I was a nay sayer about nibblets. Now that I can pump up my jig bodies with nibbles, I have found my hook up percentage has doubled.

WHo uses one?

harpenter
07-22-2007, 08:09 AM
I use mine all the time. Less time spent dealing with getting minnows out of the bucket then getting them hooked. Fish off, line back down, and I can catch more fish per hour that way.

Speck
07-22-2007, 08:59 AM
There were times this spring when the only thing catching crappie was tubes filled with nibbles from a bait pump.

slabbandit
07-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Right now I believe injecting our tubes with the bait pump is helping a lot.

erichkopp
07-22-2007, 10:13 AM
That looks really interesting. I've briefly heard/read about people using them, but never knew exactly what they were. Does this work for gills as well?

harpenter
07-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Does this work for gills as well?

Absolutely

bugman
07-22-2007, 04:45 PM
For all the no's on the poll....try one its definatly worth the small investment....it will improve your catch rate.

jlaughlin72
07-22-2007, 05:59 PM
If I am not using a hair jig, I am using minnows or tubes and you can bet the tube is gonna be pumped up with nibbles. Matter of fact, I have 2 of them incase something happens to one of them. I don't think you will find a better constructed peice of equipment for your tackle box. The quality is unmatched and the shipping is super fast.

sac-a-lait
07-22-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm telling ya, this is why I put the poll up here. Since I started using it, my HOOK-UP rate has doubled. I mean, who wouldn't want to catch more fish?

luvjign
07-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Does the nibble "mush" ever reach a point after being in the pump to where it's too dry to squish out into the tube like you want it to.......or maybe need to be moistened before putting in the pump??

Jigster
07-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I have 4 of em for different colors. I use chart mainly.I have BPs with nibbles from last year that don't need to be "moistened up". I LOVE EM!

Jigster

We really kill em in the fall with the pump !!!!!!

sac-a-lait
07-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Yea, if anything the tip is like a tip on your mustard in the frig. you just send a little thru and any part that got dried out comes right thru.

slabbandit
07-23-2007, 01:57 AM
We love the BaitPump and they are practically indistructable but I did let mine roll off the edge of my boat onto the floor and it broke a piece off of the tip. The tip has to be so small to get inside of the tube jigs. It still works just not as neatly as before.
Like Sac said the Crappie Nibbles will stay as fresh in the BaitPump as they do in the jar. I usually just push the dry out of the stem and put it back in the pump to mix with the fresh.

wannabe fisherman
07-23-2007, 06:41 AM
Does the nibble "mush" ever reach a point after being in the pump to where it's too dry to squish out into the tube like you want it to.......or maybe need to be moistened before putting in the pump??

good question,I'd like to know that myself.

Jigster
07-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by luvjign

See my post above.

Mississippi Slab
07-23-2007, 10:03 AM
I had the tip of mine break and I emailed them about it. They sent me a new tip section that day!

skiptomylu
07-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Have it, but don't use it a lot since I don't use tubes very often. I guess my only complaint is it's difficult to hold your tube jig and turn the bait pump at the same time. Example is I only used tubes 2 time this year and only part of each trip when it was used.

jlaughlin72
07-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Have it, but don't use it a lot since I don't use tubes very often. I guess my only complaint is it's difficult to hold your tube jig and turn the bait pump at the same time. Example is I only used tubes 2 time this year and only part of each trip when it was used.

I have never had a problem with them drying inside the pump, only a little at the tip.
And as for holding the tube while twisting the pump, I don't have a problem with that either, the tube fits snug on the tip and when it pumps, as it fills it pushes the tube off. If you hold it, it may over pump and start tearing the tubes.

luvjign
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
I done got a cravin' flung on me now.........gotta get one:D .

old fuzzy
07-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Does the nibble "mush" ever reach a point after being in the pump to where it's too dry to squish out into the tube like you want it to.......or maybe need to be moistened before putting in the pump??oh there might be a very small amount in the tip,but you can push that out and get to fresh,,,i have 1 that has been loaded for as long as two months(have more than 1 with different color loaded)and no problems(great product)

Cane Pole
07-23-2007, 09:20 PM
You guys sure make a lot of fuss about those tube enemas. Are those tube enemas the 'real' reason why those fishes you catch are so fat? haha

bobberdown
07-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Load up a turkey injector and it works great. $1.50 at the Dollar Store.

sac-a-lait
07-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Yea, I heard the turkey baster/injector but that won't fit in my pocket. I like this little device. In a world of $3-4 a gal gas, who can really even compare spending $15 bucks to $1.50. Mama always told me this...You get what you pay fer.

pvcnut
07-23-2007, 10:49 PM
I believe the bait pump is an excellent tool. I am not sure it gets me any more bites, but there is no doubt they will hold on to the jigs longer without spitting them out.

"G"
02-22-2011, 06:45 PM
This is the time of year to be using tube jigs and a Bait Pump thats for sure!

dkb23
02-23-2011, 12:27 AM
OK everyone. Been looking into these for awhile and just ordered one online. Hope it is good. I am putting a "YES" on the pole.

hnd
02-23-2011, 12:39 AM
turkey basters, little kid medicine syringes are nice i guess but neither are as easy at the baitpump. its a genius product that pretty much enhanced my catch rate by 100%. is it because it catches more fish than just a nibbler on the hook? no. but i spend about 1/2 the time rebaiting. thus more time with my bait in the water.

shipahoy41
02-23-2011, 12:31 PM
I have one and love it. I took a piece of airline tubing and heated the ends and sealed that end together. Slip the open end over the bait pump and itkeeps it from drying out as well as protects the end.

CrappieJed
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM

I know some on here are very familiar with this device but I was a nay sayer about nibblets. Now that I can pump up my jig bodies with nibbles, I have found my hook up percentage has doubled.

WHo uses one?
that is great tool I'm going to buy one....Crappies and Raiders? OMGsh is this Heaven?
CJ

BIGG ANT
02-23-2011, 07:41 PM
that is great tool I'm going to buy one....Crappies and Raiders? OMGsh is this Heaven?
CJ

Yes......Crappie heaven!!!!

Limb Bream
02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I have never seen one until I stumbled across this thread. It looks like it will solve my problem/issue with using crappie nibbles in that they fall off easy. I am going to get one.

LB

crappie4me2
02-25-2011, 04:48 PM

I know some on here are very familiar with this device but I was a nay sayer about nibblets. Now that I can pump up my jig bodies with nibbles, I have found my hook up percentage has doubled.

WHo uses one?

I ordered one today, it really looks good.

slipfloater
02-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Thinking about ordering one. Looking at em online. But first I have to try some syringes that I have and see if they have enough pressure to do the same thing. I guess I am very frugal. (tightwad);)

BarryG
02-26-2011, 09:29 AM
slipfloater, Good luck! I know the baitpump works. I remember when it was first on here and a bunch of people were doing the same thing as you. I believe a lot of them bought the pump. It WORKS!

JFair
02-27-2011, 06:49 PM
haven't heard of one until I saw this thread. Ordered one today. hope it works as good as it looks

CrappieJed
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
i dont own the pump...i never used the nibbles but i have a jar..i went down to the pond this evening...fished jigs no nibbles...put on some nibbles and got bites immediately...you guys may be on to something here

CJ

HARLEYBOY
02-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Tried syringe , Ordered one of the bait pumps this morning, think it will work

hnd
02-28-2011, 09:48 AM
i dont own the pump...i never used the nibbles but i have a jar..i went down to the pond this evening...fished jigs no nibbles...put on some nibbles and got bites immediately...you guys may be on to something here

CJ

my first experience with crappie nibbles was about 7 years ago.

i have a spot i can fish from shore during the crappie spawn that would generally produce sporadically. i would go and hammer them or i would go and catch 1 or 2 over a couple of hours. this was frustrating at times as it was quite a trek to get there. i would use maribou jigs or tube jigs, no other bait really....then in 04, i was fishing not catching anything, when i looked at the jig package and it had a little sample tube of nibbles (not berkley ones but a dough bait nonetheless) and i put it on. immediately i caught a fish. nice slab crappie. put another one on, caught a fish. another and another and another until i had used up all 10 nibbles in the 2 tubes from the 2 packs of jigs i bought. didn't catch another fish.

i've been using nibbles ever since. been a 2 year user of the bait pump.

on maribou jigs i have a jar that i water down and dip them in.

Redy2Fish
02-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Nibbles are effective, but, it is impossible to inject them into solid body tubes and curly tails, even with a bait pump. Unless this is another of the many secrets that I've missed out on?

Hat55
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Just got mine. Haven't got to use it, but a very well made product and MADE IN USA!

hnd
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Nibbles are effective, but, it is impossible to inject them into solid body tubes and curly tails, even with a bait pump. Unless this is another of the many secrets that I've missed out on?

i've not found much of a way.

crappie4me2
02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Got my bait pump in today and i can't wait to try it out.

CrappiePappy
03-01-2011, 03:22 AM
i've not found much of a way.

... and any others with the same quandary :

Injecting "nibbles" into a solid plastic bait, is not impossible. :eek:

And it doesn't matter whether you're using a oral med syringe or The Bait Pump, to do the injecting. You just have to create a cavity, within the body of the solid plastic bait, for the "nibbles". This could be accomplished by heating a metal rod, of appropriate size, and melting a bore hole into the body. It might be tedious work, but for those convinced of the effectiveness of the "nibbles" attraction powers, it might be worth the effort ... though I would suggest doing it to a few baits, BEFORE going to the lake, as it may be much more difficult to perform such a task while in the boat. Also, doing it to a few baits, will give you the opportunity to test/perfect your skills, as well as give you some "test subjects" to pit against the same, uninjected bait (just to see if it does actually work effectively with solid plastics)

... cp :cool:

gone_fishing
03-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Sounds like a lot of work pappy and I would likely burn my fingers. I have a syringe that I have never had a problem with and use that the only advantage to the pump that I can see is ease of loading the tube since the opening is a little larger than my syringe and it came with something we bought somewhere along the way so was in the cabinet not being used.

CrappiePappy
03-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a lot of work pappy and I would likely burn my fingers. I have a syringe that I have never had a problem with and use that the only advantage to the pump that I can see is ease of loading the tube since the opening is a little larger than my syringe and it came with something we bought somewhere along the way so was in the cabinet not being used.

Drill out the hole of your oral med syringe, and it'll work easier. Just don't get carried away & use too big a bit ... LOL !!!

... cp

HARLEYBOY
03-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Got mine in yesterday, looks well made, will try it next time out

Redy2Fish
03-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I should have been more to the point, I guess. I was attempting to point out to new bait pumpers that it isn't really practical for all plastic baits. The Berkly Gulp Alive Jigging Grub is impregnated with scent, may even be the same scent of Berkly Crappie Nibbles. I keep meaning to try them, but, $5.99 for two ounces sounds expensive to me. I wonder how many are in two ounces? Maybe I'll just have to splurge and try them, there is a fair color selection, even though there are no mixed colors. Comments? :confused:

DonDon
03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I actually just push the nipple of the bait pump into the solid soft baits and inject as much as I can into it. Might not get as much of it in there but I do get some and sometimes that's all it takes

shipahoy41
03-11-2011, 08:17 AM
... and any others with the same quandary :

Injecting "nibbles" into a solid plastic bait, is not impossible. :eek:

This could be accomplished by heating a metal rod, of appropriate size, and melting a bore hole into the body. Also, doing it to a few baits, will give you the opportunity to test/perfect your skills, as well as give you some "test subjects" to pit against the same, uninjected bait (just to see if it does actually work effectively with solid plastics)

Neat idea. May play around with it. Usually, to be honest though, I only use my bait pump with hollow tubes. If I fish a solid plastic minnow I let the nibble air harden a bit and just stick it on the hook after the soft plastic minnow.

Firehyd
03-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Never used nibbles much but after reading posts think im gonna try pump. Thanks for info.

cevans
03-14-2011, 07:13 PM
You guys talked me into it,,I ordered my pump today..can't wait to try it out. I am all for anything that makes it a breeze to load the cooler full of fish..

Legato
03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
I never heard of it before...thanks for the idea though....I just made my own in 2 mins....needle-less syringe works perfect for it.

barrelslime
03-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Im assuming the Trout dough or jars of paste will work in this thing as well as the nibbles????

cevans
03-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Yes,,anything that is soft,,will work and it works very well,,very!

Snapset
03-25-2011, 10:02 PM
I just ordered one of these. I will be using it for Kokanee and Crappie. I am wondering how long an injection will continue to milk scent before it needs to be re injected?

Hoosier Hog Daddy
03-26-2011, 07:06 AM
I tend to be more of a solid tube jig , curly tail, or hair/neck hackle jig person...but in an effort to expand my toolbox, have recently tried using hollow tubes. Being frugal, I had a plastic syringe laying around that I bought at the vet supply section of the local farm supply store. I put some nibbles in and tried it the other day. Even though the tip had a pretty good opening, it was tough to keep enough pressure on it to push the nibbles paste out. I got the job done, but was tough. There was so much pressure applied on the plunger, when I let up , it popped back pretty good. Took a lot of hand strenghth to keep enough plunger pressure on to force the paste out. I can see the mechanical advantage of using the screw to apply steady pressure and make the paste easier to inject. I'll have to try one, to satisfy my curiosity.

HHD

smokercraft
03-26-2011, 11:34 AM
I finally tried bait pump out works great just slide tube over end of pump and let the pressure from pump fill tube and pushed tube off the pump. I caught 6 crappie from bank Kokomo revs one day last week. I never had to reload tube jig in the 45 min. I fished. Thinking about ordering another as a back up

Hayden
03-26-2011, 06:38 PM
I use a very inexpensive plastic syringe and add keep it in a plastic bag with a little water. Thinking about making some kind of paste. I'm gonna mix nibbles with water and put in small container and dip my hair jigs in. Should be nice and gooey and hold on for a while.

Shoemoo
03-26-2011, 09:05 PM
I would like to try the Bait Pump, but with shipping the price comes out to almost $20 for me. IMHO, that's too much. You can buy a lot of syringes and jars of Nibbles for that much. If they were half the price, I'd get one.

chaunc
03-28-2011, 06:51 AM
I would like to try the Bait Pump, but with shipping the price comes out to almost $20 for me. IMHO, that's too much. You can buy a lot of syringes and jars of Nibbles for that much. If they were half the price, I'd get one.
It's a very good investment. I've had mine 4 years now and it's still doing the job. It's very well made and will last a long time. I tried the syringe. You wont know what you're missing until you use a bait pump.

skiptomylu
03-28-2011, 01:51 PM
I had to vote tried and didn't like it, but there is a reason and maybe someone can correct what I do to make it easier. I only have two hands and your holding the bait pump with one and the tube with one, but still have not turned it to shoot out the paste the nibbles has turned into. I thought they were very well made however and bought 2 of them. I keep thinking there is a better way or a way to add something that would allow to hold it and turn it with out so much trouble. Heck maybe it's just me, but I get mad every time I used it.

I do have to say this is not a cheaply made product, it's made very well and that is why I think there has t be a better way than what I have done.

Skip

NIMROD
03-28-2011, 02:30 PM
I have tried nibblets and did not care for the messy things. I always catch plenty without them. I do use some liquid scents for the lube to push 1/8 oz leadheads up inside my 2'' umbrella tube baits.

anvil
03-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Just go get a syringe that you can remove the needle take a hand full of nibbles and dilute it just a little with distilled water or water from the lake ( a few drops goes of water along way). I use the same syringe they use for dogs. Save some money and you can use it with one hand..

How much does it cost?

chaunc
03-28-2011, 05:37 PM
I had to vote tried and didn't like it, but there is a reason and maybe someone can correct what I do to make it easier. I only have two hands and your holding the bait pump with one and the tube with one, but still have not turned it to shoot out the paste the nibbles has turned into. I thought they were very well made however and bought 2 of them. I keep thinking there is a better way or a way to add something that would allow to hold it and turn it with out so much trouble. Heck maybe it's just me, but I get mad every time I used it.

I do have to say this is not a cheaply made product, it's made very well and that is why I think there has t be a better way than what I have done.

Skip

Skip, i believe there was a video showing how to do it. I just push the pump into the tube. Hold the tube and pump in place with my left hand and turn the pump with my right. You must be letting go of the tube and having it slip off the nozzle.

Fisherman123
03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
I would just use a syringe from Walmart or CVS. All you have to do is add a couple drops of water to it. If you want it firmer you could just leave the tube out like you would with a regular crappie nibble

shelldecoy
04-20-2011, 10:56 PM
After enjoying this thread I think I need one of those thangs

slickwater1
04-20-2011, 11:03 PM
i place the tube on it and turn the knob. the tube pops off when it is full. I have literally caught dozens of fish off of a single tube without rejuicing.

ledouxmike
04-21-2011, 06:51 AM
I have the baitpump and use it whenever I'm using tubes, which is often. It works great and no problems with things drying up, even after sitting for a long time. If you use nipples and tubes, its definitely worth checking out. Just make sure not to overfill it.

Now go catch some fish.

Kman
04-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Definitely dont over fill it. that seems to vaccuum lock it up and its real hard to get the nibblers out. I can tell you that I bought one a couple, maybe 3 years ago now and I LOVE it. Like slickwater said, I can catch 10 or more fish on it without "renibbletizing" my jig. THATS what its about.

skip, you gotta do like slickwater said, its the only way it works. You slide the jig down onto the pump nozzle, let go of the jig, grab the cylinder part of the pump with your left hand, and turn the knob with your right hand. When the jig is full, it just falls off the nozzle, done. 2 seconds.

I highly recommend them, even though they are a bit pricey, you wont ever have to buy another one again unless you lose it. You can run over it with a mack truck (literally, Im not exxagerating) and the only thing youd have to worry about is the truck tire.

RBeav
05-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I have been trying to get one but the website still says backordered I want one SOON

ledouxmike
05-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Definitely dont over fill it. that seems to vaccuum lock it up and its real hard to get the nibblers out. I can tell you that I bought one a couple, maybe 3 years ago now and I LOVE it. Like slickwater said, I can catch 10 or more fish on it without "renibbletizing" my jig. THATS what its about.

skip, you gotta do like slickwater said, its the only way it works. You slide the jig down onto the pump nozzle, let go of the jig, grab the cylinder part of the pump with your left hand, and turn the knob with your right hand. When the jig is full, it just falls off the nozzle, done. 2 seconds.

I highly recommend them, even though they are a bit pricey, you wont ever have to buy another one again unless you lose it. You can run over it with a mack truck (literally, Im not exxagerating) and the only thing youd have to worry about is the truck tire.

Don't forget to turn the knob counter-clockwise a eighth of a turn to prevent from making spagetti after the jig falls off.

TreeBass
05-10-2011, 08:26 AM

Skip

You can send one to me :)

BigD
05-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I love the bait pump. And it was the best kept secret on my lakes for a long time. It just plain kills the fish.

D

Centerliner
09-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Unfortunately the baitpump.com website still has its big Back Ordered page up.

Anyone have any they want to sell, shoot me a p.m. I'd like to get a couple or maybe three.

arkansasbowhunter
09-11-2011, 06:15 PM
I tried it and it was not easy to turn and push the bait inside the tube. I have been taking some lure oil and mixing a paste then taking a regular 10cc syringe and squirting in my tubes. works easy enough. Some guys use turkey baster syringes. You must let the oil and nibbles sit a bit to make them soft.

gkidd
09-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Looking for one myself. Any idea who sells em now?

CharlieL
09-16-2011, 06:30 PM
cant find the thing ANTWHERE, only site i found said out of stock till forever

gkidd
09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Same here. I called several places.

I did however send some PMs to a couple members over in the LA forum. If I get a lead I'll let you know.

Centerliner
09-17-2011, 08:31 AM
I talked to Slab Hunter. He said that we should watch the boards for an announcement of availability maybe sometime in a month or so, if things go right.
The first batch will go zooming out the door, I expect.
It looks like they will be $19.95 + S&H.

gkidd
09-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the update Centerliner.

zrdc28
09-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Just made me one that works very well, I took 2 different 6 ml syringes that I got at a local pharmacy. I took a 1/8 inch drill bit and mounted it in a vise and twisted it through the small opening in the syringe. It takes very little pressure to full the tubes. I looked all over the net and could not find one so implementation was my only choice.

CrappiePappy
09-19-2011, 11:39 AM
It would appear that the Bait Pump website has been hacked. The link to the website, posted in this thread, has been removed ... per being reported as showing a malware warning on the Avast Antivirus program of the reporting member. Since I also use Avast ... I checked out the link, and got the same warning (Avast blocked the trojan), so I removed the website link from all posts in this thread.

I'm leaving the thread open, since the threat has been removed (from this thread) ... but, I do want to issue a warning to anyone that would attempt to open the website, whether it be from any other link on this site or from the web (your address line).

Anyone reading this, that's friends with the member that mfg's the Bait Pump ... I suggest you inform them of this situation, so they can rectify it.

frontfisher
09-19-2011, 02:50 PM
i have had 2 for a few years, i had the same problem as Skip did, just too much goin on with my left hand. Guess i will get em back out and try the way y'all are describing

Reel Man
09-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Best thing since hand tied jigs.

"G"
09-25-2011, 08:39 PM
I like mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

slabbandit
09-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Whats the best way to clean them when you accidentally over fill the "BaitPump" and foul the threads?? Almost impossible to turn when this happens. Totally my fault.Doh The "BaitPump" is so well made that the tolorances of the matching threads must be very close. We've got 2 of them and we absolutely love 'em.Thumbs Up
Right now, both of mine are messed up with fouled threads. I found out the hard way that you don't fill them up with nibbles past the threads.
By the way, on our muddy lake, the best nibbles that I've used so far is the gold ones with glitter. They seem to out perform the silver ones, at least on this lake. Has anyone tried the red ones?? I like the glitter because it makes the illusion of a baitfish strike.

CrappiePappy
09-26-2011, 03:49 AM
Slabbandit .... I would think that you should be able to soak them in hot water, and dissolve the remnants of the nibbles that are clogging your threads. If they don't dissolve away completely, perhaps a stiff bristle toothbrush could be used to dislodge any remnants.

slabbandit
09-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks CP, That's just what I had in mind of doing. Maybe with a little bit of Dawn in the water. I'll probably lubricate the threads on the back part with the male threads with a drop or two of cooking oil to help also. We both have Arthritis in our hands.

Splitshot82
09-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Slabbandit,
Not sure I would mix detergent and cooking oil with my scents. Could be brilliant...or not. As suggested in this thread - Mixing with an oily scent or water might dilute nibbles and make them softer, but also makes it harder to cleanly handle (gets in threads and on oring while loading).

I recently had the same problem with mine and it cleaned up easily with the water hose and rubbing my finger gently on the threads. Remember to clean/inspect the oring too :)

slabbandit
09-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Splitshot, You may have a good point. I remember how easily they turned when they were new and clean. I'm going to just try hot tap water soak and a small soft bristle toothbrush. No lubrication either.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Dave

gabowman
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Never tried nibbles. Maybe I dont know what I'm missing.

windstone
09-27-2011, 05:52 PM
folks, take a long look a zrdc's reply. i bought two 6 ml syringes at wally world today and did almost the same thing he did. only difference i started with two drill sizes below 1/8th and worked up to the 1/8th. they work like a champ. why spent 26 bucks or so when you can get these for 26 cents each and make your own that work, from what i see, a lot better than the bait pump. you can push those nibblets in the end of these with very little effort and push them out the other end with no effort at all. whttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jamesb_2008/th_fishinstuff006.jpg (http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jamesb_2008/?action=view&current=fishinstuff006.jpg)ith less effort.

gkidd
09-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks Windstone, I'll try that for sure. I'm headed to the lake for a week this Friday. I have 5 new containers of niblets (which i have never tried) and no way currently to inject them.

This thread was the only reason I bought them lol

windstone
09-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks Windstone, I'll try that for sure. I'm headed to the lake for a week this Friday. I have 5 new containers of niblets (which i have never tried) and no way currently to inject them.

This thread was the only reason I bought them lol

gkidd, get a half dozen or so of them. you can put different colors in each. you may have to roll the niblet in your fingers slightly to get them to fit in the syringe but it is soooo easy to fill a tube jig with almost no effort. good luck and good fishin this weekend...........

dragon70454
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm a complete beginner here..splain please..

Wannabe...
10-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Do as you please, but the Bait Pump is made and sold by one of us. A quality product, a quality dood. I'm sure the syringe deal is fine though if you want to go that route. Hard to argue with supporting the folks that support us.

Wannabe...

CrappieThumperMK
10-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I fished a CDC tourney this past weekend and got a bait pump in a give away bag of tackle!! I can't wait to use it this weekend.

Matt

jtl
11-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Do as you please, but the Bait Pump is made and sold by one of us. A quality product, a quality dood. I'm sure the syringe deal is fine though if you want to go that route. Hard to argue with supporting the folks that support us.

Wannabe...

I agree Wannabe...plus its made here in the States. Im willing to spend more money on something made here and support small business owners.

Gator Bait
11-09-2011, 12:23 AM
I fished a CDC tourney this past weekend and got a bait pump in a give away bag of tackle!! I can't wait to use it this weekend.

Matt

Where did they get it? I heard there were no more for sale till he found someone to make the parts again....?

gilby1955
11-17-2011, 01:14 PM
i bought two a couple years ago, giving one to my fishing buddy. He seen me using mine and wanted one but might be hard to find

gilby1955
11-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I just googled Bait Pump and it came right up with a place to order them

birddog one
11-17-2011, 06:47 PM
have 3 in the boat at all times

FloridaSpeck
11-18-2011, 03:06 AM
THE BAIT PUMP - SOFT BAIT INJECTION SYSTEM ! FOR CRAPPIE FISHING AND BASS FISHING (http://www.thebaitpump.com/)

no1son
11-19-2011, 10:35 AM
$25 plus shipping is steep!

mitrisin
11-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Wanted to let people on the forum know how reputable this dealer is. I ordered one and the USPS lost it somewhere in Memphis and wouldn't even attempt to help locate it. I sent an email to the website and they sent me out a new one immediately. They didn't have to do that since it wasn't their fault. I received it today and the thing is built like a tank. Extremely well constructed. So much better than the syringe I was using because I don't think the crappie nibbles will dry out between trips. Only problem is, with my coordination, I wish it would float. The only problem I forsee, is that someday it will "sleep with the fishes".

Splitshot82
11-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Wanted to let people on the forum know how reputable this dealer is. I ordered one and the USPS lost it somewhere in Memphis and wouldn't even attempt to help locate it. I sent an email to the website and they sent me out a new one immediately. They didn't have to do that since it wasn't their fault. I received it today and the thing is built like a tank. Extremely well constructed. So much better than the syringe I was using because I don't think the crappie nibbles will dry out between trips. Only problem is, with my coordination, I wish it would float. The only problem I forsee, is that someday it will "sleep with the fishes".

Thanks for sharing. Good to hear stories about companies doing folks right. I really like my bait pump and have been thinking about another. May just order one now.

You make an interesting point too bout knocking it off in the water. Wonder if a boat key fob would float it?

jigflip
11-22-2011, 09:23 PM
??when using the pump does color of nibbles matter ??????????

Homebrew
11-22-2011, 10:03 PM
I have to remember to avoid these threads while drinking. Oh well, bait pump is on its way!

BigD
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
My first pump is almost 5 years old and looks as good as the day I bought it. I think I payed $9.00 but don't quote me on it. Anyway...$25.00 is a deal considering how well it is made and made in the states by the guy who sells them. It's like he is making them for labor only. This still has to be one of the best inventions I have ever purchased.

Some tips on the bait pump.

If using bait pump, add two drops of water to every 15 nibbles. Make sure to dip your finger in water and moisten the pump threads before every refill. This will enable the nibbles to move easily through the threads and out the pump. When using the pump during the day. I will keep it in a small wet sock. That helps it from getting dry on the outside and makes it easy to grab and slid up the tube. No need to cap it if you have the small baby sock.

Also make two small holes in the center body of the tubs. That way when you pump the tube full of nibbles it will squeeze out the sides just a bit.

Clean the Bait Pump using scolding hot water only. Do not use soap. You can boil the pump for 1 minute and this will remove everything.

All you need is water on the threads to keep the pump moving. You can also add fish oil to the threads once and a while to keep the pump threads slick and smooth moving. Cod oil is good.

Get one and you will not regret it.

D

Wood_Duck
11-25-2011, 08:53 PM
never saw such a thing before, but got one on the way now!