Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: catchin em again

Post Thanks / Like

Default catchin em again

Finally got back on the fish here on beaverlake water has cleared up and is dropping a little. Hoping for a little more size, but who's complaining. Anyone else fishing beaver? Having any luck?

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to here your getting into some crappie.

I'm fortunate to have a power company lake close by (Hamilton) that is protected from flooding by 54,000 acre Lake Ouachita above and the lake level is strictly controlled.

It sure makes it a lot easier to keep up with the little boogers. The steady flow of water coming through from Ouachita helps keep the thermal-cline shallow too so the crappie don't have to go very deep in the hot summer and cold winter.

Now if I could just figure out a way to get rid of Lake Lice on the weekends I'd have it made!

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Smile thermal-cline & standing timber

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Glad to here your getting into some crappie.

I'm fortunate to have a power company lake close by (Hamilton) that is protected from flooding by 54,000 acre Lake Ouachita above and the lake level is strictly controlled.

It sure makes it a lot easier to keep up with the little boogers. The steady flow of water coming through from Ouachita helps keep the thermal-cline shallow too so the crappie don't have to go very deep in the hot summer and cold winter.

Now if I could just figure out a way to get rid of Lake Lice on the weekends I'd have it made!

FISH ON!
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Not too many biggun's yet, but hopefully it won't be too long. Thermal-cline should change from 12 feet to 8 feet within the next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Not too good with this message board yet hopefully I'll get the hang of it. By the way I've also never heard of Lake Lice.

Just one more cast!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Lice

Lake Lice is all the annoying riffraff on the lake including jet skis, ski boats, cruisers, jet boats and power boats that don’t appear to be accomplishing anything except making a lot of noise and waves and don’t have any consideration for anyone else on the lake.

When I was a LOT younger I enjoyed all types of water-skiing including slaloming, trick-skiing, jumping and bare-footing but we always tried to find a place on the lake where no one was fishing and we wouldn’t bother anyone.

Now people don’t seem to care about anyone but themselves and probably don’t realize how big a wake their great big deep-V hull boat makes when they are cruising around with the bow in the air and just fast enough to not quite plane out. I’ve read that in some states people are now being held responsible for damage the wake from their boat makes to docks and other boats so maybe that will make people more aware.

Our boating law states that it is illegal to operate a boat in excess of 5 mph within 100 feet of a dock or anchored boat but people are going to have get a lot more tickets before they’ll start paying any attention to the law.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Lake Lice.......

Jerry....
    Thanks for educating us. I was thinking our Northern neighbors had an infestation growing in those beautiful clear waters, but that particular malady is indigent to almost all lakes. We have the same infestation in the Southern states, and like you, I try to eliminate week-end fishing entirely. Week-ends are ok if it's raining (seems they don't come out) :rolleyes: at least not in great numbers. In some lakes, there are "cordoned" areas that are clearly marked so that skiing and other high speed boating is restricted to that area. We could use more of that.

Luck to all......

labill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Lice

It seems all big bodies of water have the lice. Due to gas prices, I've been staying closer to the house. I live in West Memphis and have been fishing a lake approximately 5 to 7k acres. 90 % of these people are from TN. When Sardis,Enid and Arkabuttla...all in Mississippi... is right down the road from them...probably closer too... and they come to this small lake to ride around. I guess those lakes are to rough to ride around in. I've been catching some nice crappie but, sometimes it seems when the lice are out in numbers, crappie quit biting. I don't know, maybe it is just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I see beaver lake is a fairly large lake very popular for sports boating lice abundant for sure on weekends throughout the week not too bad. Crappie are biting & the size is improving. What's life without bugs anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast