Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just checkin in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just checkin in

Hi everyone.
    It's been a busy summer with very little fishing time.
    I haven't been on the PC in a while so I thought I'd just stop be and say Hi.
    My Lowrance 332 took a dump on me last week. It hasn't been turned on in over a month and has been on the boat setting in the garage covered up.

The wife went out to go to work and came back in the house and told me it was beeping and carrying on. I went out and sure enough, it was beeping and the lights was going from bright, medium, low and off like crazy.
    I went threw all the trouble shooting and resetting the thing to no avail.

Called Lowrance, and the dude told me the board must have cracked or something. Cracked, by it's self??? Anyway just send it in at the tune of $150.00 and they will fix it. Then another $8.00 to ship it back.

I gotta tell you. I'm starting to lose confidence in Lowrance products. Those are all I've owned and I don't really want to change brands. Especially after buying this one for $650.00 but I may have to think about it.
    Anyone else had this problem?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,
    How's the tying goin?
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had that problem, but I had a few others. I use to have a LMS480 and had to send it back 3 times, but they were very forgiving about my warranty and how long I had it and each time the fixed it and I only paid to ship to them.

Now I have a new LCX 27C and when I picked up my new boat the GPS was not connecting and the guy messed with the connection at the double T connector and got it going. He told me he thought it would be OK, but if trouble came up that was the likely problem. I canned Lowrance yesterday and they are sending me a new Double T connector now and I hope that takes care of my problem.

Good Luck with yours and not sure I would change over to any other brand just yet, but I have been thinking about the Humminbird Side image small unit for my troll motor, but I need to save the $1000 to get it. I still think the regular sonar is better with Lowrance.

Now I have not checked on it much, but have looked a little at Raymarine as they seem to have good products.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Fisher Mike, Lowrance has had a BIG problem with that for a few years now. I don't know of any one that has not had to send their unit back to them to get that problem fixed. When I got my new boat, it had two Lowrance units on it and I have had to send both of them back to them.
    I have a 332c that I would let you have pretty cheap. Send me a pm and I will give you all the details.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

FisherMike, I had the same problem out of my Lowrance. I bought the 334c and the X102 for my boat last year. I had my X102 less than 6 months and I also walked into the garage and found my unit on and it was doing the samething you described. I unplugged the power from the back of the unit and then when I plugged it back up the unit was was fine. This lasted about 2 days and it happened again. This time I called Lowrance, and when I started describing the problem to the tech, she stopped me and started telling me the rest of the problem! She then told me that this was a VERY common problem with the units and it was a "contact" that was sticking behind the power button. The only way to fix the problem was to send the unit back to the company for repair. I have talked with several other Lowrance owners and found out that they have had the same problems. I was lucky, it was still under warranty so it did not cost me anything other than shipping. Within a week I had another unit...but it came with a note saying they were not able to repair mine and they sent me another refurbished unit. So far no other problems with it! Good luck in getting your unit repaired...See Ya on the Water!

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    PO Box 778
    Centre, Alabama 35960
    Tele/ 256-927-2232
    Cell/ 256-557-0129
    www.weisslakecrappieguides.com

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Mike, I was "informed" ...

a long time ago, that leaving electronics plugged in, was a problem waiting to happen. I was also told that leaving the depthfinder attached to the boat, while trailering over the road ... also not a good idea.
    Now, I must admit ... having to store my boat in a parking lot, due to being a apt dweller, it was a no brainer for me to unplug and remove my electronics (while not in use). And since I had to undo the battery, and bring it into the apt for recharging, my battery seemed to last much longer than the norm. I also had to remove the trolling motor and prop (lost a TM to thieves, once, when I forgot to bring it in). My electronics have never been "topshelf" ... but, I've never had much problem with them, either. Most of my former depthfinders were Eagle brand ... and they (each) took near 10yrs of use/abuse, before they fritzed out on me.

You can forestall any further problems of this sort ... by simply disconnecting the power cord, before putting the boat "to bed". And, that will also stop any problems associated with having electronics/accessories plugged in, while charging your batteries (another no no, I was informed of ... years ago)

I don't know if any of these "suggestions" are relevant to today's products ... but, if I'm going to spend that much of my hard earned money on them, then I'm certainly going to continue to err on the side of caution.

... cp

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exact same problem with an Eagle SF 480. Was still under warranty so it was shipped and fixed free of charge. Only problem now mis the spped indicator doesnt work. (Didnt work when I got the unit back from Lowrance but it didnt matter to me so I left it alone.)
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Species, I haven't had time to do much of anything I want to do. Like tying jigs or even go fishing.

Lowrance has had my graff for 6 days now and they still haven't touched it. Probibly taking care of warrenty work first. I'll get it back about the time the ice gets on the lakes.

1Weezer, I already have one 332. What makes you think I need another?

Good fishin to you all.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FisherMike
    Thanks for the replies fellas.

Species, I haven't had time to do much of anything I want to do. Like tying jigs or even go fishing.

Lowrance has had my graff for 6 days now and they still haven't touched it. Probibly taking care of warrenty work first. I'll get it back about the time the ice gets on the lakes.

1Weezer, I already have one 332. What makes you think I need another?

Good fishin to you all.
    lol fisher mike. My feelings exactly. The last unit I sent off to Lowrance took 6weeks to get it back. Every time I called them, they said they were out of parts to fix it with. Tells me they had a major problem with that.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

SIX WEEKS!!!!!

You have got to be kidding me. Please be kidding me.
    How long ago did you have yours in for repair? Six weeks sounds like it's excessive to me. Maybe I'll call and see about an upgrade instead of waiting that long.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast