Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Presque Isle Report

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Presque Isle Report

A couple buddies and I went up to Erie and fished the lake from the 2nd lot. We hammered the gills and also caught some crappies and a few small perch.Got close to 3 limits of 8 to 9 inch gills. We also got some smelts. I've never had them fresh from the lake, only breaded and cooked :D . Walked out maybe 150 yards, if that far, and fished above the weeds. Close to 100 people out there today.

Post Thanks / Like

how thick was the ice? how many smelt did you get. those are well worth the trip. i always go just bore ice and at ice out and catch some at conn. oh. sounds like you had a good day. that shenango river is still high and fast. gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stump jumper
    how thick was the ice? how many smelt did you get. those are well worth the trip. i always go just bore ice and at ice out and catch some at conn. oh. sounds like you had a good day. that shenango river is still high and fast. gary
    The ice was 7". I only kept 21 smelts. I didn't think i'd want to clean too many after cleaning almost 50 panfish. I should have kept more and put them on ice to clean later. My 2 buddies are going back up in the morning. I have to work. Glad i didn't go back this morning. It's snowing like crazy here now. I'd hate to have to drive from Erie in this mess. If the ice holds up, i may go back next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    The ice was 7". I only kept 21 smelts. I didn't think i'd want to clean too many after cleaning almost 50 panfish. I should have kept more and put them on ice to clean later. My 2 buddies are going back up in the morning. I have to work. Glad i didn't go back this morning. It's snowing like crazy here now. I'd hate to have to drive from Erie in this mess. If the ice holds up, i may go back next weekend.
    Well, the ice held up and i went back up. Theres still 9"s of ice there. Gills are still biting like crazy. Took home a limit with 18 more smelts.