Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone do'n any good nightstalking?

Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone do'n any good nightstalking?

hellow all my fellow slab hunt'n buddies! i was just wondering if anyone else is been hav'n some success nite fishing. i posted back a couple weeks ago about my awesome first nitestalk and how much fun i had. well i'm not brag'n at all, but i have been out to the same lake 8 times since then and have been kill'n them. fished before, after, in between fronts, cool nites, warm nites, wind blowing different directions. but the pattern has been the same pretty much. some nites have been a little slower but we (a.k.a kc baller, my fish'n partner ) have still caught 75-150 a nite from 10 to sunrise or before. size is 8-13 inches mostly, with some potato chips. fished some different spots but we still have had all our luck by the rocky banks and can't buy a fish near timber or crappie beds when i get my pics developed tomorrow i'll post a few pics of our nite stalking adventures. i was curious are most lakes like this during the summer right now? as i said i'm new to nite fishing. is it just a matter of fishing during the day versus fishing under 2 lites at nite that make it a big advantage. or am i just hitt'n a good time at that particular lake, our two slowest nites were this past friday and sat. with the new moon everything is suppose to be much better im not complaing at all, believe me. i would like to hit truman and some other lakes, do the whole weekend camping thing fri, sat, sun. pom, LOZ or table rock, which iv'e never fished for crappie there. i just know my way around at berry bend at truman the best, but i really don't feel comfortable driving at nite out there at truman i'd also want to thank all you guys for being so helpful and encouraging. i have learned a lot about crappie fish'n from this site (and baller:D ) since joining and gained a lot of confidence as well. just wished my pop's was still alive to enjoy this whole new type of fishing with me especially at jacomo, he absolutely loved fish'n that lake cuz it was tough, just the way he liked it:D, but had a lot of success bass fishing. he always called it the bass capitol of the world well i have changed the nickname to the crappie capitol of the world he won't mind. anyways look forward to meeting everyone, i'd like to do a weekend gig before crappie camp so if anyone wants to teach me some things and put up with my busch lite drink'n ugly mug sometime give me a shout. take care all and good fish'n. oh yah you guys, how much do you charge an hour for making crappie beds? :D or is it by the job? yours look great! GO ROYALS, OH, I MEAN BILLY BUTLER, $380,00 a year. sweeney $11 mill. that's just wrong!

jeff the crappieslayer
    Last edited by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER; 07-18-2007 at 07:16 PM.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Took some out of town company for a nightstalk on Smithville Friday. Tied up in some timber in 20' of water in Rock Creek. Caught 1 short crappie in 4hrs. My first nightstalk in 4yrs so I forgot some important things... Like a lantern for tying knots. Q-Beam wouldn't hang straight... Just out of the bubble wrap. Had to share one flashlight. Heard LOUD splashes near shore... sounded like someone dropping bowling balls in the water. (Ok, I've never actually heard a bowling ball hit the water but I imagine it would sound like that)... Asian carp, maybe.

Almost no wind... Two Thermacells going ... no mosquitos but clouds of gnats.

Fished W Hwy over Owl Creek Monday a.m--- Musta caught 40 dinks... 4keepers. Guests were happy.

Plan to do more nightstalking... Will rig some pvc pipe in a rodholder to get the light where I want it. Might try the old dam in Shady Hollow cove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
    oh yah you guys, how much do you charge an hour for making crappie beds? :D or is it by the job? yours look great!

jeff the crappieslayer
    With the amount of beer we comsumed at our last big build....i'd say a case an hour just might do it
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    With the amount of beer we comsumed at our last big build....i'd say a case an hour just might do it
    Per person?? :D
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

man in the old days i would spill that much!!!!!!but ,,,o well
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Must have been the other fellas drinkin the most cuase Bugs is nappin after
    4-5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hogster
    4-5.
    4-5 just gets me started 10-12 gets me happy 20-24 gets me nappin:p

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink you may be right but

Quote Originally Posted by hogster
    4-5.
    i was thinking that,but i didnt want to imply anything:rolleyes: fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default think i answered my own question

well i jinxed myself, me and baller went friday nite. only caught 10 between us. still had a great time. wind was blowing out of the east, which was a first , and it was a little breezy. so that's what i think i'll blame it on:o only gave it til 1 this time. kind of nice to get to bed while it was still dark, gonna go sometime this week see what i can't do. hey bugs i'm work'n on get'n your cases of beer, do they have to actually have beer in them:D thought i'd share a few pics of me and baller work'n hard at it:D . first one i like to call TOTAL CONCENTRATION:D :rolleyes: second one is maybe the smallest fish ever caught on a slabbuster:p sorry ed i had to post it:D
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...22-2007-13.jpg
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...22-2007-21.jpg
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...22-2007-16.jpg
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...22-2007-12.jpg
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...22-2007-07.jpg
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess they can be just as finicky after dark....sneaky little bas@#$ds....i think you'll get a little more work out of us if there is actually beer in the cans

www.simplycrappie.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast