Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone tried these light bulbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone tried these light bulbs

Been looking for some 12 v Flourecent lighting for both inside the toon and over the water and found these when searching. Just wondering if any of you nightstalkers have tried these, or can suggest another option to me. I looks to me (electical ididot) that they not draw down a battery near as fast.

http://www.fishinglightsetc.com/Fluorescentbulb.html

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind trying some of those, just to conserve my battery. Let us know if you try them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Over 45 hrs on a 115 amp 12V battery sounds pretty good. That would make a great alternative to a lantern if you're truck camping. I might have to get me one.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes

YES, I bought one off an eBay store, I didn't see them listed in the auctions at that time. Then I bought a second.

They work great to light up the boat and rod tips! I put one in a clamp on aluminum light that hangs perfectly off the anchor light mast on the back of the boat, with a cigarette lighter plug. I bought a $7 clamp on desk light for the other one, installed a cigarette lighter plug on it also. I clamp it to the windshield for the front of the boat. I would highly suggest some kind of work light fixture that has a guard over it to protect the bulb, they can't be too sturdy.

These things should take over the 12V bulb RV market, they draw little current, are bright, and don't get hot either! I give 'em a two thumbs up!

funny thing though, I think the fish bite better with a dark boat! No light above the water surface. That could be a figment of my imagination....the guy in the front of the boat out fished me a couple nights and the way I had the lights set up, his end of the boat was darker. But it was probably just the fact he outfishes me two to one most of the time. Everybody seems to outfish me two to one most of the time. I named my boat Half As Much.:p

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool Dale, let us know how they work.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

usually the fish will work the outside of the light. I know I've caught um right under a light but seems to me the bigger and better fish come from out around it.