Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hot weather Crappie

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot weather Crappie

Well, I tried it again today. Went out late and still kept 16 Crappie 9.5'' to 14'' on jigs. Still using 1/8 th oz with no Crappie Nibbles. I use 4 to 6 lb test line with Umbrella tube. Slabbandit ,do you think Crappie nibbles really help? I would have stayed and tried to limit out but burned out! They seem to favor 10 to 12' water with the lake up .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Nibs do help. I always use them (with a Bait Pump) to find the fish. Once I come across a school it doesn't seem to matter as much though. When I'm trolling around looking for fish, I always have them on.

Post Thanks / Like

NIMROD, I definately think the Crappie Nibbles help when the crappie are in a neutral to negative mood but a plain jig would work just fine on a hot brushpile or when the fish are really active.
    Most people I fish with are not that experienced at jig fishing so I feel that the Crappie Nibbles cause the fish to hold on to the jig just a little longer enabling them to catch more fish.
    I won't put my poles up and run to the house just because I ran out of Crappie Nibbles but if I have 'em I'm using 'em!
    CATCH A BIG-UN