Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a few pointers

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need a few pointers

You have prolly heard by now. We are having the wettest summer most old timers can remember here in Texas. I think it has rained the last 25 out of 30 days. We started looking for fish this past Friday and just could not get on any kind of a pattern. This time last year we had em dialed in. When a lake gets rain everyday for that long. What does it do to the fish? Are they scattered like spilled bottle of b b's or do they look for something particular?

Any help is appreciated. We are going nuts looking for em !

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

bump. I am desperate here

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jigster, I ain't much help but I have always heard that whenever there is an abundant amount of fresh water it tends to slow the bite down considerbly. It sounds like with your determination that it won't be long before you find them. Good luck and GOD bless.

Post Thanks / Like

yea i wish i could help too but the most i can do is bump ur thread back to the top of the page. i would think u must b having cooler than normal water temps. seems to me like that would help but what do i know. they must be in some abnormal places for this time of year i guess youve tried all those spots they werent never any before?

Post Thanks / Like

Given that much rain, if I was you I would be worried that you are experiencing one of those once every 25 year events which sadly, the result is poor fishing. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

guessin, I'd say the fish are deep in the cover. The water is probably up into "new" vegetation, buck-brush, etc., and so are the bait fish.JMO
    Good Luck!
    Mike
    VICTORY IN JESUS

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Look for them in the flooded timber and brush ie timber that is normaly not sumbmerged or is very shallow. Also look in deep cover and the suspended crappie. The big thing is to MOVE around and look for them on the locator and catching them. Also try fishing deeper into the cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys. I'll give it all a shot.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jigster, The deep fish should still be there just fish a little deeper to reach the top of the brush. We caught a dozen decent ones Sunday doing this. Our water is about 3 feet higher than normal.
    If they start drawing current head up into the creeks and try shallow. They will follow the shad movement.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been much for a lot of reasons, but just a couple of days ago I went and fished in 22' of water on a creek edge and with brush. I got a good number of nice crappie and a couple of catfish.

I used a double drop with a minnow on top and a 1/4oz jig below and the better fish (both cats and crappie) came on the jig. I did catch more fish on the minnows though.

Even though it was some what cloudy I was getting them probably about 14'-15' deep if not a little more.

That is about all I can help with right now.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast