Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Harding-Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Harding-Friday

I fished Halawakee creek on Friday with jigs and minnows. We did see some fish in the 10-12 ft depth range, but not too much biting. When I was taking my boat out, I talked with a bass fisherman that said he caught three crappie around boat docks on a Rat-L-Trap. Would the fish be pre-stagin yet? The water temp today was 51-53 degrees.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brad. Wish we would've bumped into each other. I got to the ramp at 4:30 to put in. We fished till dark and caught some nice crappie 11 keepers and 2 stripers and about 10 little ones. We tied under the bridge at dark and my son caught one nice crappie and I drownded minnows. We left at 8:30 without another fish.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty, I was keeping an eye out for you, but we took the boat out at about 4 pm. I should be back up later in the week or next weekend. We will be up there for my son's 12th birthday party on SUnday, so we will probably fish some. I hope to construct some condos before then to sink on Sunday. I have some holes scoped out that need some structure, I will show them to you when I get them in place.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanx... I built 3 more condos .. I hope to leave my corner after the race starts and drop them. I want to put some out in the main lake but I am not finished in the creek yet. So many perfect spots. Our lake is kinda clean on the bottom so the cover we drop really draws them in. Next time you fish that place I pointed out on the map use a slip cork and a jig 5-8' deep. They were suspended over it friday. That place has done well. Also that point with the trees right there..... I have been catching them in 16' water there between the dock and point.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson