Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie On The Wood!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappie On The Wood!

:D JUST CAME IN OFF THE WATER ABOUT AN HOUR AGO.I DECIDED TO TRY A COUPLE OF SHALLOWER LAYDOWNS ON MY WAY OUT.I NEVER MADE IT ANY FARTHER!BOTH LAYDOWNS WERE IN 14-17 FT. OF WATER-BOTH WERE COVERED WITH FISH SUSPENDED FISH FROM 8-10 FT.!I CAUGHT 40 IN ABOUT A TWO HOUR PERIOD.THE WIND WAS OUT OF THE N.W. AT 12-20MP. I FISHED INTO IT LETTING THE CURRENT BRING THE JIG INTO THE TOPS.THEY WERE TEARING UP BLACK&CHART.&RED WITH SILVER SPARKLES[bloody minnow]!THE OUTSIDE TEMP WAS 48*-WATER TEMP-47-48*.I QUITE BECAUSE I GOT TRIED OF TRYING TO CULL FISH AN DIDNT WANT TO GO OVER LIMIT.IT WAS A GREAT DAY TO BE ON THE HOLLOW!!GOOD FISHING TO YA!!!DENNIS
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis I wish I was closer to that lake. For the crappie and the smallies. One day I am going to make it back up there to fish. I hope soon!! Thanks for the report.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Man And think I passed up some big oak trees laying 20 ft of water.
    Bet I try them out Monday.
    Sounds like you had a great day on the water.
    Also Here in west tn Below Pickwick dam the water temp is 50 degrees.

Pete

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good job

I wish the 3 hours I fished this afternoon had been as good. Went to Percy Priest and caught 3 bass. I did go to an area I usually don't crappie fish in and tried some new spots. Needless to say I'm going back to the good end of the lake tomorrow. I only went where I did cause it was close to the house.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishin 3..dale Hollow Is A Great Fishery,we Have About Every Species Here. People Here The Name And Just Asscociate It With Brownfish--if You Head This Way Let Me Know! Shilohred---i"d Been Fishin Laydowns In Deeper Water With Some Sucess,the Two Yesterday Were On My Way Out To Deeper Water.their In Kind Of A Flat--main Channel Pry 100-150yards Away.i"d For Sure Try The Oak Laydowns!! Fiddlefarter--i Guess I Was At The Right Place At The Right Time--i"mgonna Check Them Again Today!! Thanks For The Responce Fellas And Good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dennis , that will help the search out a lot.
    Pete