Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Methods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Methods

In your opinion...what would be best way to crappie fish under light? Drift fish with minnows, anchor with bobber/minnow, jig/tube, or verticle jig small spoons? whats worked best for you??

Post Thanks / Like

Anchor, tight lining minnows. I do occasionally use one set up with a bobber.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with fishnline. Anchored with lights over the side of the boat, tightlining minnows.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

just really been doing it a couple weeks, but iv'e just been anchoring in the front and back and put out 2 floating lights. the baitfish school up about 45 minutes later and i start catching crappie soon after. been out 6 times since july 3rd and caught crappie til sunrise. but i think i'm just hittn a good time. it could change anytime, went last night and caught about 60 tight lining with minnows. minnows have seem to work the best, and i usually never use minnow. also had success jigging spoons. well head'n out right now for the night see if it's still happen'n:D good luck!

jeff the crappieslayer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Tom O Guest

Default night fishing

I like to anchore in front and back and put a light in front and one in back and tight line minnows. fishing around the light produces the most fish while fishing between the lights produce the larger fish. I also use boober lights on the rod tips to help see the bites.