Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need new GPS

I have two Magellan meridian marine GPS"s which are shot.Magellan does not fix them anymore.Too confusing looking for new one's on the net.Need some advice on buying two new one's.No more magellans. Must be able to purchase
    Gps holder,AC adapter,and PC cable.2 to 300.00 hundred dollar range.Garmin
    seems to have a high recomendation.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up gps

Lowrance H20 works good for me and is in that price range. Stay away from the color unit. possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins
    Psalms 46:1

Post Thanks / Like

I sent my old gps back to magellan and for a nominal charge they sent me a current model. ( much cheaper than I could have bought same model.)

Post Thanks / Like

I like the lowrance units.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Garmin 76map GPS unite.works well for me.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

SchwansMan Guest

I have had good luck with the Garmin E-trex series of GPS, they are handheld versions, my first on was the basic bright yellow version and worked great for marking crappie beds, I have the mount to hold it on my boat as well as the 12v adapter so I can save money on AA batteries, the mount was somwhere arround 29.99 and the 12v adapter was closer to 35.99.

I recently upgraded to the E-trex legend, just a little bit fancier more features, capable of mapping downloads providing I buy the software and is acceptable of the "Fishin Hot Spots" Lake Maps Software!

This one also has the best times and moon phases feature, they are very user friendly and have never had trouble out of them, I just sold my first on for 50 bucks to a friend after almost 4 years of use and have never had a problem out of it, I think Garmin offers very user - friendly and dependable products!

Post Thanks / Like

e-trex is a good unit, I also have a Hummingbird 161 that is a combination sonar and GPS. It was in the price range you asked for and I love the unit I have. I actualy have two locators, one is a 535 model and I can swap them with the touch of the brackets and I can move front to rear as needed. No PC connection that I aware of.
    THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Default why

Quote Originally Posted by possum1
    Lowrance H20 works good for me and is in that price range. Stay away from the color unit. possum1
    just curious..was thinking of getting a color unit
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Lowrance H20C

I have the black/white unit, speed will read down to.4 mph, great for spider rigging, long lining,etc. Two of my crappie fishing buddys were so impressed with the low speed readout they both decided to buy the unit in color.Never could get the unit to read less than 1.1 mph, called Lowrance their response was that the color unit truly would not read less than 1.1 mph while the b/w unit would read down to .3-.4 mph. Both exchanged their units for b/w(at Cabelas), they will indeed read to.4 mph.
    Makes no sense to me why this is, Lowrance offered no explination for the difference. Also the color is hard to see in bright sunlight. The b/w unit is absolutely great, with a navionics chip in it ,it is a great tool for crappie fishing. Hope this helps you. possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins
    Psalms 46:1

Post Thanks / Like

I have a h2oc and a 522c by lowrance and like both units. I wondered why the h2o wouldn't rread below 1.1, thanks for the info, Possum 1. I have a navionics chip that is O.K. but not what I expected. Just orderd the software and related hardware from Lowrance so I can't comment about the map ware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast