Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: boat cover advise needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat cover advise needed

I have a 2003 pt185 tracker. I'm looking for a good boat cover, the boat has to set out all winter. I want one that fits tight and I can tow the boat with it on. I called the bass tracker dealer and they wanted $500.00 for a custom fit. Should I buy this or does anyone know of anything that might be a little cheaper that is of good quality. Bass pro has one for $249.99 but I have read somewhere that people have had problems with this cover. Anyone have any advise on what brand of cover to buy.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you check Bass Pro's web site? They have them custom made for tracker boats a lot cheaper than that. I recently got one and they appear to be very well made.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

The custom covers are great to me, but my boat cover came with the boat. You just have to decide if you can justify the extra money. If I had to buy it seperate, I'm not sure I would.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Caveman, did you check Ebay? I just bought the BPS $249 sized-to-fit cover for my 2004 PT185 last week for $51 (shipping included) on Ebay. Same seller had some more of the same covers ('02 - '05 PT185) that was going for $30-$40. The ad said "like new", and it is "like new".
    Last edited by luvjign; 07-11-2007 at 11:09 AM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Custom or made to fit is the only way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Nitro Bass boat. It came with a cover from the manufacturer. I've had other boats with aftermarket covers and they just can't compair to the factory cover. Maybe a true custom cover will fit well but my factory cover fits so tight I can bounce a quarter off it and it'll fly across the yard. It even has extra padding inside the cover where it sits on the console, trolling motor and anything it touches.

Just my 2 cents....

Buzz