Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headed out this morning

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default headed out this morning

going to my favorite fishing hole today. Caught several last trip, will post results when I get back. Hopefully some fish pics
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

hope you are filling the live well as I type. I am going this afternoon when I can to drop 3 more condos and maybe get a few by the lip. Good luck David
    Quote Originally Posted by David Waters
    going to my favorite fishing hole today. Caught several last trip, will post results when I get back. Hopefully some fish pics

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

well, ended up catching 33 crappie. Threw back at least 15. The largest around 14". Having a fish fry for the family tommorow night,, my folk drove up from Panama City, so we are going to eat gooooooood. Nothing in the world like fresh crappie. Letting them soak overnight in the fridge, gonna fry up nice.

Today they were hard to find. I worked really hard to find these fish. Caught two in 5 minutes, then the others were here and there. I found one brush pile that I caught 6 out of, but other than that, they were scattered. I tried everything from standing timbre in 25 feet of wtaer, to tight lining, to cork and minnow in 6 feet. They were in all these places, yet not in large numbers. My best results came from tight lining in 18-28' of water. Fishing only 14' deep though. Fished both jigs tipped with monnows and just minnows. Caught them both ways, neither was better really. Patience was the key today. Beautiful day to fish. Ended up being around 60 degrees. The run this morning was a little chili though.

I have several pics I want to post, but having some difficulty with it. I have images saved on my computer, so how do I get them on my posts?

DWaters
    Last edited by David Waters; 02-18-2005 at 10:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great day David. I got to go about 4:30 till dark. Caught 11 keepers and a few of the smallest I have seen in a while. Seems they should be bigger. They must have been born during a freak fall spawn or something. Was a good day for us. I didn't get to drop my condos. they were not ready. I made the mix a little to soupy. They will dry by sunday when I'm going again.

The easiest way for me to keep and post photos is with:Photobucket
    Just follow the instructions on the site. When you want to post them on a thread just copy the url from the pic on photobucket click on the little yellow square above^ has 2 mountains and looks like a stamp. Paste the url from photobucket and click ok
    If ya have any trouble just ask. Several people here use photobucket.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

another good pic hosting site is http://www.myfishingpictures.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here are some pics finally

but, they are as an attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default another pic

here is one more
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bunch of fish. Let us know when to show up for supper..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy went again today. He caught them in the same places we caught these, only didn't tighline, but trolled with a little more speed. Caught 41 in about 3-4 hours. Had one real nice one about 15.5" long.

Post Thanks / Like

Red, they were mighty tasty. My grandad fried up about 5 or 6 catfish filets along with the crappie. can you guess the only filets left on the table after we were done? T'werent crappie!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast