Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: blacksher

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default blacksher

this is a artickle in the cordale dispatch by Rusty Parker.eather change hurts angling

Author: Rusty Parker
    Publication Date: 2005-01-28

In my opinion, the weather is still acting weird as from an angling standpoint I wish it would get into the normal winter pattern and stay there until it is actually time for spring to roll around.

Dad and I did have a halfway good day last week when we decided to try our luck starting out under the U.S. Highway 280 bridge.

To be honest, I really didn’t expect to have very good luck there for two reasons. One, with the water moving so swiftly it was difficult to keep our boat in the same position. Two, I personally feel the destruction of the old bridge there isn’t helping the fishing at present.

Things may pick back up after all the work is done but with all the pounding and other noise involved in that demolition it’s my thinking that the fish are a bit “spooked.”

After trying spots there, we went to what I refer to as the “Daphne Bridge” that you cross over when you enter the main entrance to Georgia Veterans Memorial State Park.

After traveling under the structure, we dropped anchor and fished for about an hour with no luck at all so we decided to head back home.

As I was rolling the anchor up with one hand and holding a rod and reel with the other, the rod jerked down real quickly while my jig was only about two feet below the surface.

When I boated a nice slab crappie that weighed a little over a pound, I decided to try my luck again at the same depth and lo and behold if the same thing didn’t happen again a couple of minutes later. Unfortunately, that was the last fish we caught for the day.

While the changing weather can’t be considered really great for fishing now, if you do go let me again encourage you to take a child with you and show him or her the fun of the sport.

Until next time, may your catch be large and plentiful and may God bless you all.

Rusty Parker is a guest outdoors columnist for The Dispatch He may be written to in care of this newspaper at P.O. Box 1058, Cordele, Ga., 31010.

Current Weather

http://www.cordeledispatch.com/ go to this site and do a search on rusty parker for lake info
    retired and now i will always fish

jeclif Guest

thanks that helps a lot keep posting

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://georgiaparks.org/info/georgiavet/ dont know if i sent this one .

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.lakeblackshearretreat.org/ this is the new inn on the lake . think they have a pontoon boats for rent there they have a dock and boat ramp . there is a rv campground next to it .papasage