Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting Tite Lok Black Widow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting Tite Lok Black Widow

Hi ...I just purchased a Tite Lok black widow pro 4 rod holder,I'll be mounting it in a Tracker Pro Crappie 175.I was wondering if any of you use this rod holder and how you mounted it,as far as type of screws/bolts,etc.Any help would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 bases mounted on the front of my boat. One in the middle and one on each side. I have a double seat mount I use if 2 of us are fishing and we use the bases on the sides. If I fish alone I use the middle mount. I took the front panel where the trim/trolling motor plug is off (to get my hand under the floor) and mounted the bases to the floor of the boat. I used 3 inch bolts and a lock washer to keep them from loosing up.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

I have teh tite-loks that fit in tracks on the front of my boat the black widow base mounted in the back. I used stainless steel bolts with lock washers to mount mine.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any, but like brad said, use stainless steel fasteners to prevent the rust factor.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

The floor in the front of my PC 175 is plywood. I used stainless steel wood screws to mount the bases. Here is a picture:

Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Panman, how long are those rods in your picture and what weight do you have on your lines (if my rod is bent like that I know I have a fish on ).

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for the replys....Pacman,what size and length wood screws did you use and has that setup been sturdy enough(Looks good).I'm not sure how I would get under my deck to put bolts and nuts on so the wood screw deal is looking real good.Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to use a nut and bolt on them they make what is called a barrel nut. It has threads inside to fit the bolt and threads on the outside to screw it into the wood. Just drill a hole in the wood a tad smaller than the outside Dia. of the barrel and screw it in.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Tracker boats are very easy to get into everything is done in panels. I used wood screws on my first mounts and they began to get loose after time. The panel your trim/trolling motor plug is attached to will come out and is easy to put back. This should allow you room to fit your arm under to get to the bottom of the floor. At least that is the case with my Tracker 175 but I have the bass fishing deck. I would try and use nuts/bolts if I could.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wwwUncle
    Panman, how long are those rods in your picture and what weight do you have on your lines (if my rod is bent like that I know I have a fish on ).
    They are 10' and 12' long with 1.5 ounce sinker on them. I can troll around 12' deep at 1.2 mph without getting too much angle on the line.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast