Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sinclair Report

uncleroy Guest

Post Sinclair Report

Fished Sinclair on Friday night the 11th from 9:00 in the evening till 1:00 Saturday morning. We had 2 boats and we fished Nancy Branch. Usually we wait until July & August to fish this area, but it has been so hot and dry we decided to try it. We anchored in 45' water and set up the old coleman lanterns. The weather was hot and could have used a little more breeze. The other boat was about 40 yards from us, so we can shoot the breeze back and forth. The fish finder showing plenty of fish, mostly 20' and deeper with some of the fish moving up to abour 12' on and off as the night went on. We tight lined minnows and got most of our fish between 10-15 feet deep. Our boat ended up with 19 crappie, 6 catfish, 2 strippers, these were the keepers. Crappie mostly 1/2 to 3/4 with couple going about a pound. The other boat only ended up with 3 crappie and 1 stripper. The bite was extremely lite with an unusual amount of missed fish, you had to be on ready all the time, we were trying to catch up on a lot of stories and our attention drifted too much. We usually have a fine mesh net with us to catch the shad under the lights, and these work better than the minnows, expecially when the bite is lite or slow, but we left it home and had to make do with the oversized store bought minnows. Another thing we are wondering about is--we did not put a green hydroglow light in the water as we usually do, but the other boat did, and since we were so close, and the difference in the catch, this will take a little more thinking and testing. We all had a good time and can't wait to go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Uncleroy, Thanks for that excelient report ! I sure did enjoy the details. I felt like I was right there in the boat with you.Man I know what you mean about hot, It is hot here in Savannah today.I have everything in my car to go in the morning, I sure hope I feel like going when I wake up.I am just going to go to a pond at Hunter AAF base and fish in one of the ponds. I am waiting for my fishing buddy to get ready to go to Santee Cooper in South Carolina. I hope soon. Thanks again for the excelient report, Good Fishing on your next trip ! Jimmy S.