PDA

View Full Version : Skip's Glow Jigs, Yes!

DrPerf
07-08-2007, 05:50 PM
I have been using Skip's Glow Jigs and the fish here love them, especially the blue color. The three crappie on the right in the 2007-06-30 picture were caught in about 30 minutes. Two additional crappie were caught, brought up to the bank of the reservoir, but 'popped' off the jig before I could grab them :(. The bank leading up to the water at Lexington is so muddy that is difficult to reach the edge of the water without the possibility of major dirt/mud "diving" (more on that later).

The 14" crappie in the 2007-07-03 was also caught at Lexington with one of Skip's blue Glow Jigs. A few minutes after catching that fish, there was a major hit on the same jig. After 'dancing' for a few minutes, I got the fish to the bank and it is a catfish that is at least half again as long as the crappie I just caught. Now the issue is getting to the 'cat without some serious dirt/mud "diving" and possibly sliding into the water :confused:.

I kept the fish in the shallows so that all the weight is not on the line (5lb fluorocarbon) and "inch" my way to the edge. Just as I am about to reach the water/fish while remaining upright, rather than sliding on my butt in the mud :D, the 'cat flops up on the bank, shakes itself and snaps the line. Before I can now grab the fish on the bank, he flops back into the water and "shimmies' away into the depths of the reservoir :mad:.

I wonder if it was "Fred", a fish that I am fairly certain that I have 'hooked' three times but have yet to land. Will post later on that set of experiences, which I call "Dancing with Fred" :p.

Skip's Glow Jigs have worked very well for me. They 'charge' very rapidly using just the illumination from a lantern and hold that 'charge' for a significant amount of time. In fact, they have been so good that I have yet to use any of the other jigs I got from Skip :D.

Regards,

Doc

skiptomylu
07-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I am really glad to hear they are doing you well! I don't think most people know how well they Glow and how bright. It is amazing how long the after glow really is. Many time I come back into my tying room in the dark and there the stuff is just glowing like crazy.

I am having trouble with my Satellite connection right now and some time I can't even respond, but I have been escalated up to advance tech 4 and they should call me in the next couple of days to fix it, I hope!

Thanks for all the kind words Dr. Perf!

Skip

guest01
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM
I know one thing, you can charge one of his jigs up and read a book by it. They have a VERY bright glow. I was very impressed by it.

skiptomylu
07-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks crappieday I really appreciate your speaking up on my Glow Jigs and I know you make and sell a find product also with your spoons. They are so cool!

Skip

shipahoy41
07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I also enjoy using Skips glow jigs from time to time. When I am not fishing my own jig, I am using one of his. They are the only jigs I use other than a roadrunner. Between those three lures, you will definitely get bit. Skip is a great person and I enjoy trading information and tips with him. He has a fine product.

old ship

jlaughlin72
07-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I know one thing, you can charge one of his jigs up and read a book by it. They have a VERY bright glow. I was very impressed by it.

Now that's impressive, I know crappieday has been selling glow jigs for awhile now and to hear him brag about the competitions bait just really impresses me.

skiptomylu
07-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Now that's impressive, I know crappieday has been selling glow jigs for awhile now and to hear him brag about the competitions bait just really impresses me.

I have not seen crappieday's jigs, but he makes really nice looking spoons and I do have some of them. Crappieday is a nice stand up guy!

I can tell you one thing the Glow jigs I make are really bright and the body looks like a soft plastic, but is very tough and nothing like soft. It has a good real feel to it though.

Skip

shipahoy41
07-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Yes,

Crappie Day and his wife are good people.

old ship