Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any computer guru's here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any computer guru's here

I'm having some trouble logging into some sites. When I log in it does not give an error or anything but just tells me I am still not logged in. I am assuming that it is something in my computers setting but not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

are you using spyware removal tools? Sounds like spyware invasion of internet Explorer (Browser). If not log onto Lavasoft and download free spyware removal software and run it. Hope this helps.

mello_collins Guest

It could also be that your computer is not accepting cookies. these store the login info for many sites. Check your security settings and possibly try a different browser such as firefox. I really need more info.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

also check for pop up blockers and security settings

ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins
    It could also be that your computer is not accepting cookies. these store the login info for many sites. Check your security settings and possibly try a different browser such as firefox. I really need more info.
    i'd say cookies thing
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mperry
    I'm having some trouble logging into some sites. When I log in it does not give an error or anything but just tells me I am still not logged in. I am assuming that it is something in my computers setting but not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated.
    What operating system are you using (Windows XP, 98, etc.) and browser (Microsoft Explorer, Firefox, etc.). If you are using Explorer, download and install Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/) and see if it resolves the issue. While not 'perfect' (no software is), Firefox is a somewhat more secure than Explorer.

If a site requires the placement of one or more cookies in your system, it will typically generate a message if your browser is configured to not accept cookies. If you can access the message board at "crappie.com" and not have to login each time, cookies are 'enabled' on your browser because that is how the site "remembers" your login information and logs you in 'automatically'.

Let me know if you have to enter your login information for "crappie.com" each time you access the message board. If you do not, there should not be a problem with logging onto other sites. The issue is at the site not your system in that case.

If you do have to login each time here, let me know the browser you are using and I post details for accepting/retaining cookies.

Regards,

Doc
    Dr Perf (Doctor Performance)
    'You make the systems, we make them faster'

Post Thanks / Like

The point about popup blockers is also a good possibility. Dependent upon the site, logging in can be a multi-step process and your browser could be blocking a subsequent step and the first login step. Firefox will inform you of popups it has blocked and allow you to 'unblock' those popups either for just the session or permanently for that site.

The Firefox popup message will be at the top of the window, just below the window tabs, I believe. It should be easy to see and respond to.

Doc
    Dr Perf (Doctor Performance)
    'You make the systems, we make them faster'

Post Thanks / Like

Default computer

I have window's 98. Not real savy with computers so what exactly is firefox?
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Firefox is another internet browser that accesses the internet for you, like Microsoft Internet Explorer, but is a lot safer to use. It is a free download . Google for it. I have been using it for years, and would not even think of using Internet Explorer.

Sounds as tho Dr. Perf knows what he's talking about. I would listen to him.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another with Willsjwills A computer repair shop put Firefox on my computer about 2/3 years ago and I haven't used IE since. It's a little different,but you'll get used to it real quick.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast