Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any one catching Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any one catching Crappie

Just wondering with the high water it seems everywhere is crappie fishing any good. I can find fish at Truman Lake at least before the floods. But most of the year I haven't found good fishing around the Kansas City area.Any suggestions would be great

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest fishing some of the smaller state and community lakes. I have been fishing some state lakes in the Lawrence/Topeka are and have been catching good numbers of keeper fish. You will not find some of the bigger 13-15" fish, but 9-11" fish are in abundance and can make for a good day. The water levels typically do not get as bad with all the rain as many of them have run off areas. I was able to pull 34 keepers out over the weekend and have been doing that for a couple weeks now after I gave up on some of the bigger lakes until the water levels go down. It has been the weirdest year for fishing I have ever seen. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, hopefully I can get out this weekend and try out some different areas

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie are biting at Perry I caught 59 yesterday. I had 19 keepers, I miscounted I thought I had 20 and quit, oh well I cleaned 19. The water clarity is real good right now. Go get'um !

Post Thanks / Like

Those crappies have a very black tail. They look like the exact fish I caught & released 2 years ago.:D :D :D Only one place at Perry has those and I know where:p <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

SHHHHHHHHH, it's a secret.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I have only been to Perry 2 times. I was with some one else and we fished I believe in Rock Creek area, where is a good area at Perry to go. Like I was saying I usually fish Truman but Perry is much closer to Shawnee than truman.

Post Thanks / Like

KC,

Fish the timber.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks went to Perry Saturday we caught 12 then went to Clinton on Sunday and caught 20 mostly just legal size but it was fun