Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first ever night crappie stalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default my first ever night crappie stalk

Hello fellow slabhunters! a buddy and i went out to jacomo last nite about 7:00. first time for me, and had a blast. we had two crappie lights, the floating ones. started catching them about 1/2 hour after dark. they started hitting on minnows for the first 2 hours and then stopped. switched over to kastmaster spoons tipped with crappie nibbles and they were nailing it. no real big size...had our limit at 3:00 am. ended up with 17 between 10 and 11 inches, about 20 9 plus inches, and the rest were around 8 inches. absolute perfect nite, just enough wind to keep the bugs away (no pun intended bugman:D ), fireworks going off everywhere, listening to the royals kick >>s! oh yah and that ice cold busch lite. works out wonderfully, my buddy does'nt drink so that means i can:D he said he was gonna get me some rubber floaties to put around my arm... almost took a midnight bath...twice. just wanted to share my first crappie stalk with you all. good fishing to all and be safe tonite! man oh man, listen to that thunder! heres a pic, don't pay attention to the date, couldn't figure out how to set it. that darn busch lite may of had just a little bit to do with it:D

jeff the crappieslayer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Man!! those are some nice slabs.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

There aint but one thing that would have made your trip better....listening to a real major league team the WORLD CHAMPION STL CARDINALS other than that it sounds like ya'll (you especially) had a blast.What type of area were you fishin?i'm wanting to try a nightstalk.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    There aint but one thing that would have made your trip better....listening to a real major league team the WORLD CHAMPION STL CARDINALS other than that it sounds like ya'll (you especially) had a blast.What type of area were you fishin?i'm wanting to try a nightstalk.

yah, yah, yah, you can't live in the past. but i guess technically you can brag until they have a worse record than the royals at the end of the season:p 1985 what happened?... oh i like the redbirds too. but a couple of my good buddies i work with are cards fans so i gotta stick with root'n for the royals through and through... we were fishing in 15-20 feet of water, out from rocky banks. tried the crappie beds (brushpiles) but no luck, was wanting a couple walleyes, but nodda. gotta love them spoons:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I have to respect you for sticking with a team that has been as lowly as the Royals since 85....ya'll did get us in 85 (thanks Denkinger) but it would take an act of god to ever see it again the poor ole small market Royals just cant spend enough to keep up anymore....by the way if i have to root for an american league team its the Royals.
    Did you see the article in the new crappie world about spoons?there are some good looking spoons out there now...gotta have some.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish I'm gearing up to try a night stalk some time soon hope I have success like you did

Post Thanks / Like

A fine mess of fish aint a whole lot of stuff better than a good night of fishing under the lights. keep it up go mets!:p

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish K.C. Keep it up.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=beagle man keep it up go mets!:p[/QUOTE]
    You're one ate up ole coot:p :p :p

www.simplycrappie.com