Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pictures from Humminbird 997cSI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures from Humminbird 997cSI

Went out this morning and took a few pictures with my Huminbird 997cSI. The one labled buckets are just plain 5 gallon buckets with a scoop of gravel in them. Some of the buckets are straight up and some of them are laying over on their side. Some of the bluegill beds have silted in and some of them are still very sharp and still have fish in them.
    This sonar unit is just great! What did we ever do before this electronic age?:D
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good 1weezer! I wish I had one of those units. They are something else!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the way that those units get a good look at the bottom. But, maybe I am a little slow, I think it would take a while to figure out what I was looking at. I guess that everyone else is in the X-box world and I am still stuck in the Atari world.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some great pics Richard. I have been looking for several weeks to find the same but to no avail. I sincerely hope you were able to merely slay them on those beds. Chat with ya later, brother!!!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Pics

Weeze,

I just got my 997 last week. Been out fishing once. I went in the river but didn't get any good images like that. I think there will be a little of a learning curve with this thing. I noticed your speed ranged from 1mph to 2.7mph. What is your normal trolling speed? Do you get clearer images at a certain speed? Also, which side do you have the blank card and which side is your nav card. I hit the mark button a couple of times but the images didn't save to the card for some reason.

Thanks,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. How much $$ are those units??

Post Thanks / Like

Are ya ready?..........

They are $1999 - $2199. Depending on the Navitronics software you order with it. They do have a smaller version for a little less but the screen is about half the size. I've only been fishing once with mine but I can already tell its gonna help me catch more fish. Can't wait to take mine out to big creek lake and find the old sunken bridge and all those christmas trees I've seen people dropping out. Its almost like cheating.......naa.:D

Joe, Be very careful. If you go back and search for a topic called "Side Imaging" you'll see I asked the exact same question you just asked a couple of weeks ago. If you are not ready to buy one of these I suggest you clear the history folder in you computer then go outside and hit yourself over the head with a brick til you can't remember what you've been looking at on the computer. Otherwise just go ahead and enter your credit card number and get it on the way.

Buzz
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-04-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    Weeze,

I just got my 997 last week. Been out fishing once. I went in the river but didn't get any good images like that. I think there will be a little of a learning curve with this thing. I noticed your speed ranged from 1mph to 2.7mph. What is your normal trolling speed? Do you get clearer images at a certain speed? Also, which side do you have the blank card and which side is your nav card. I hit the mark button a couple of times but the images didn't save to the card for some reason.

Thanks,
    Buzz
    Buzz,
    I normally keep my Navionics card on the left side and my blank card on the right side. When I am taking pictures, I try to keep my speed between 1 and 3 mph. One thing you have to be carefull on is the SI sensitivity. If you have it set too high, your screen will be too light to see much. And too low on the sensitivity and your screen will be too dark. I run mine about half way. If your not able to snap pictures, make sure the snap shot is turned on. If it's not turned on, all you will be doing is saving way points.
    The learning curb on this unit will be an ongoing thing. I learn new stuff every time I take it out. I don't think I will ever know every thing that this unit is capable of doing. lol
    One of the things I really like about this unit, is it can be very user friendly to do basic operations or it can be a very high tech piece of equipment if your one of those tech-no nerds like us that enjoy digging into the advanced operations of it. I'm not one of the Tech-no nerds but I do enjoy learning how this thing can do different things. Just an awesom piece of equipment. And worth every penny it cost.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Richard it gets better the longer you use the unit. When I got my 987 over a year ago.
    I spent the first few days only learning the unit. Also I keep the manual in the boat. That way if i need something. I just look and keep on going.
    Also the unit is one that needs the owners input. Its not a set it and forget it unit.
    If your speed is different the other setting will change. Also deeper water will change the way you set the unit up.
    But its all worth it in the end.
    Pete