Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Weather But Hot Fishing on Weiss!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Weather But Hot Fishing on Weiss!!!

Half / Day 07/01/07
    Fishing with John and Chris Cochran from Dallas Georgia on July 1st 2007 we had 43 good keeper crappie 10 inches or bigger. All crappie came from spider rigging deep water brush and river channel ledges in 14 to 16 foot of water. I have also been catching some good crappie shooting Southern Pro Hot Grubs under docks when the sun gets high and hot. Our average crappie where 11 to 12 inches this day which is a pretty good catch for a half day trip in July.

Fishing is good so come on down...:D
    Kelly Matthews
    Weiss Lake Guide Service
    www.weisslakeguideservices.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It is "THE CRAPPIE CAPITOL" of the world. That is one of the reasons I moved to Alabama from Ohio. Gotta love that action when your bobber goes under. Nice catch.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch ,I like Weiss,alot of good fishing there.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch for any time, but especially July!!
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch Kelly,I just hope Shipahoy41 don't tell everybody our secret, shhhhh..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys the fishing has been pretty good this summer even though we are dealing with a severe drought, no rainfall at all in some areas for over 2 months. They are saying we may see winter water levels by the end of July here on Weiss . I was wondering how are the lake levels and crappie fishing on down the Coosa chain around Logan, Lay, Mitchell and Jordan? Anyway the fishing is still good here and should remain good for the next few weeks.

Here is a link from an Alabama Power artical concerning Weiss Lake, and other lakes down stream...
    http://www.postpaper.com/winterpool07.htm

See you on Weiss...
    Kelly Matthews
    Weiss Lake Guide Service

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice grouping of slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Think back to this Spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Matthews
    Thanks guys the fishing has been pretty good this summer even though we are dealing with a severe drought, no rainfall at all in some areas for over 2 months. They are saying we may see winter water levels by the end of July here on Weiss . I was wondering how are the lake levels and crappie fishing on down the Coosa chain around Logan, Lay, Mitchell and Jordan? Anyway the fishing is still good here and should remain good for the next few weeks.

Here is a link from an Alabama Power artical concerning Weiss Lake, and other lakes down stream...
    http://www.postpaper.com/winterpool07.htm

See you on Weiss...
    Remember when Alabama Power raised the water level to nearly summer pool earlier than normal. They were actually preparing for this drought as much as they could. Think what the water level might be presently if they hadn't done that. Long range weather predicting technology nowdays is unreal as compare to days gone by.

Tried to get close to you on tournament day this year to say hello, but you kept turning around circling the old hump. They were super tight on the isolated structure for us that day. We were 200 yards to the East of you fishing two out the front when you were in there. Tell Bro hello!

How about leaving some for an old fat working boy waiting on a cool crisp fall day to get back out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Big Crappie
    Your are right if they wouldnt have done that we would have been in big trouble weeks ago...Maybe we will get some rain before the lake gets any lower. Give me a shout next time you see me, I will tell Bamer you said hello
    See you on Weiss...
    Kelly Matthews
    Weiss Lake Guide Service

crappiedan Guest

Thats a nice mess of crappie was those caught with minnows or jigs? I noticed you said you were catching some shooting docks with Jigs
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast