Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wanting to plan a fall crappie trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default wanting to plan a fall crappie trip

hello fellow slabhunters! i'm wanting to take a trip somewhere end of september or first of october. i live in kansas city, missouri. i've never went crappie fishing out of state and was just curious if anyone had any suggestions. i realize and have read about several QUALITY CRAPPIE lakes. but there are so many options so i was just curious on anyones input or advice on some places. i will probably get to take 5 days off work so the closer the better. things to condsider, distance, i would be camping (cheaper) and would definitely get a guide for one day, and i'm taking my 15 ft. aluminum boat with a 15 hp. thanks for anyones input. good fishing to all!

jeff the crappieslayer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall trip

Reelfoot Lake in Tiptonville,Tn would be my choice, and I use to fish Grenada
    Lake, Ms all the time, so that should tell you something.
    Reelfoot Lake is full of good eating size crappie,and there is no size limit on them.
    The Foot don't have a lot of huge crappie, but you can catch more crappie
    there than, say the big crappie lakes in Ms, and the food around the lake will
    make you want to slap your great great grandma. :D
    It's in the north west corner of Tn. just across the Ms. river from Mo.
    Good luck with your fishing trip.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

I sure wouldn't suggest Oregon this year, they're draining all the lakes so they can keep the rivers over normal stage. Don't ask me why. They say it's to help the smolt steelhead get to the ocean. I say for some reason they want to keep boats off of several resevoirs, and kill off one year's panfish spawn. That's what they've done. To many people who know the river levels and the lake levels, it's downright criminal what they're doing. Sure would like to know the REAL reason for this atrocity. They don't care one whit about warm water gamefish. Guess they'll survive.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek: