Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cats on Lake Nimrod with "Nimrod"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up cats on Lake Nimrod with "Nimrod"

Last Friday I went fishing on Lake Nimrod with "Nimrod" who frequents these forums. I had a good time, and went home with a BUNCH of fresh catfish filets.

Being the first time I've ever used a guide for fishing I didn't know quite what to expect but was put at ease, doing as much (or as little...:rolleyes: ) as I wanted to do. We limited on Channel Cats in about on hour and 15 minutes, then spent quite a while puttering about and talking fishing specifics for bass and crappie. I had planned to take munchkin #1 (10 year old son) but he came down sick the night before w/ gut-virus. I can't splurge for this too often, but will likely re-visit Mr. Nimrod again. The lake being an unknown to me, I reckon I learned more that morning than many many trips thereby myself. I thought his rates were very reasonable, too.

Lake Nimrod was less crowded than the lakes close to Hot Springs, and only about an hour away from me. Oh, the cats are gooooooood eatin', too!

I don't have the photo-posting thing down here, so the link below should get you to a few pics I took Friday.

Tommy

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...imrod_29JUN07/
    Last edited by M1Tommy; 07-02-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics M1Tommy! Lake Nimrod has some nice cats in it.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

great lookin cats wtg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks y'all. The photos don't show them all. We kept 20, from 1.5 to about 6-7 pounds each.
    Tommy