Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Covers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Covers

Anybody here own or ever bought the "Exact Fit" boat cover that Bass Pro Shop sells as their "high end" cover? I got interested until I started reading some buyers' reviews on their product website. Seems most are pretty uphappy with the way they fit, as well as the material. Thanks in advance for your input.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............
    Likes rcornish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I had one on an crappie pro....It was only OK.....If you had modified your boat any (different trolling mtr, lcr, etc.) didn't work to good. Also I didn't think it was worth the cost.... I got it with the boat and then sold it. The guy that bought it got a good deal and was happy and I was happy to sell it. Wish you was close to Here (south central KY) I know an Amish man that made boat covers before he moved here from NY. He custom made me one (marron color) for my crappie Pro double reinforced around windshield, trolling motor, edges, etc. out of the same material that Ranger Covers are made. I have used it for about an year. Love it......... Also I only paid $200 for it. I also have had an half enclosure made for a pontoon with windows, it zips, snaps, and then rolls up and fastens out of the way. He does great work...

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he still making boat covers? Don't need one today but want to keep this information filed away when the time comes.
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. I may have just blown $53, but that's what I just gave for one on Ebay for a Tracker PT185 (includes shipping). They go for $249 at BPS, and the seller says this one is in "excellant condition"......."only used once or twice". By the way, if anybody's interested, there's another one with exactly the same advertisement from the same seller currently with a $12 high bid (for Tracker PT185 - '02 thru '05). I think it ends sometime tomorrow. My boat's home is under the carport, but it sure would stay cleaner, and have less dirt dobbers call it home if it were covered:D

Thanks again.......
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............