Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 997csi Quick connect

Post Thanks / Like

Default 997csi Quick connect

Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard if Humminbird is coming out with a quick disconnect system for the 997. I can't imagine anyone leaving one of these on the boat when its not in use. I would think most people who own them would love to have a quick disconnect to move the unit from the console to the front for trolling.

I may be dreaming but I think it would be nice. I know I would buy a setup if it came out.

Thanks,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

I just take mine out of th bracket. (987) not a big deal takes less then a minute.
    Also some have added a Johnny ray mount or Ram mount for that reason also.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

The unit comes with a connector collector and and extra one can be purchase for a second position. It just plugs in and a set screw holds it tight. It only takes a few seconds to disconnect.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Darryl,

Thanks for the reply. I've been plugging my wires in one at a time. After looking at the install instructions, the piece your describing wasn't in my box. I sent an email to humminbird a couple days yesterday about the missing parts. I guess they'll get back to me when they get a chance.

Later,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    Darryl,

Thanks for the reply. I've been plugging my wires in one at a time. After looking at the install instructions, the piece your describing wasn't in my box. I sent an email to humminbird a couple days yesterday about the missing parts. I guess they'll get back to me when they get a chance.

Later,
    Buzz
    I think Humminbird dropped the ball on that piece. As I know 2 others that the part was not in there box also.
    With it. You unscrew one screw by hand then pull all the wires off easy as pie..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they will contact me to get the part. The power wire will fit on the connector in two directions. I guess its not hurting anything cause I've hooked it up both ways. If it doesn't work I just switch it around.

Thanks,
    Buzz