Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: knot queston

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default knot queston

What is the best knot to use when tying two jigs to a main line such as when you spider rig. i am having trouble getting the top jig to hang right
    i was wanting to do it without using a 3 way swivel.Any help appreciated.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speck chaser
    What is the best knot to use when tying two jigs to a main line such as when you spider rig. i am having trouble getting the top jig to hang right
    i was wanting to do it without using a 3 way swivel.Any help appreciated.
    A Pallomar knot would be about the best if you are tying the jigs without dropper loops..

Some others are to thread the jig on the line 1st, and then tie the jig into a hanging loop with a double over hand knot(shoe string knot).

Another variation I know, is to tie a large hang man's noose, and then cut it's loop in unequal portions. Then just tie your jigs to the 2 hanging ends with whatever knot you are compfortable with. this will allow one of the tag lines to be adjstable up or down the main line which can be handy at times.

Another alterantive is to use Bear Paw connectors to connect your tag lines. I use these with stiff Florocarbon leaders(20lb) to keep the jigs standing out farther away from the main line at times.

Hope this helps. Full baskets to ya! <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tim has covered it pretty good. I have the most sucess with a 3 way swivel and I have tried everything Tim mentioned. A minnow will twist some leader configurations and a swivel helps eliminate that.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the double over hand loop, it is easy it for crappie it holds. but under a strong pul it will come close. and it dose not have good knot strength.I use it and i do recomend it.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D