Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 997csi Control Center

Post Thanks / Like

Default 997csi Control Center

Got my Humminbird 997csi installed and have had a few weeks to work with it. Still having a little electrical noise but it's tolerable and should be completely resolved once Humminbird engineers get me a choked power cable.

Everything is close and within arms reach - trolling motor, gps, Matrix 17 and the 997csi.

I'm still using a handheld gps and have access to my original Matrix 17. I love the RAM mount for the 997.

I have already been able to find some brushpiles that I didn't normally fish and we have done well on one of them. I will post some pics of screen shots the first chance I get and when I get some really good ones. The images are really good and clear when on scroll speed 3 and moving at about 3 mph. When hovering over a brushpile the images are really distorted (naturally, because you're not moving) but I am still able to tell where the condo or brushpile is from the boat and if my baits are on the edge or right in the middle of it. A couple of time this benefit has gained me a fish or two after making a slight position change.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You will love it..
    What model of ram mount do you have yours on?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Darryl, Looks like the cockpit of the space shuttle! Seriously l can't wait until you start posting pics from your unit. The 997 is at the top of my wish list!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    You will love it..
    What model of ram mount do you have yours on?
    Pete
    It's the RAM-109H-2U.

http://65.102.174.116/rammount/produ...er=RAM-109H-2U
    Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Darryl good looking set up.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default 997c Si - Trolling Motor Interference

Darryl (and any others that may also be experiencing this), not sure if you have done so or not; but there is a file on the Yahoo Unofficial Humminbird Side Imaging Group site that you need to fill out and send to Mark Gibson at Humminbird. Look under the files section for the Humminbird Si Interference Concern Form.pdf file. Not sure where they are on the choke power cables as I was teaching classes all last week and will be vacationing for the next two, so just wanted to be sure that you had gotten this info to Mark.

In case some of you are wondering: this is a small problem when you look at the number of Si units we have sold versus the number of Si owners who have contacted us about it - but its a big problem if you happen to be one of the few who has it, so our Engineers are looking into a solution from our end.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbird_Greg
    Darryl (and any others that may also be experiencing this), not sure if you have done so or not; but there is a file on the Yahoo Unofficial Humminbird Side Imaging Group site that you need to fill out and send to Mark Gibson at Humminbird. Look under the files section for the Humminbird Si Interference Concern Form.pdf file. Not sure where they are on the choke power cables as I was teaching classes all last week and will be vacationing for the next two, so just wanted to be sure that you had gotten this info to Mark.

In case some of you are wondering: this is a small problem when you look at the number of Si units we have sold versus the number of Si owners who have contacted us about it - but its a big problem if you happen to be one of the few who has it, so our Engineers are looking into a solution from our end.
    No, I have not done the form yet but I will. I sent an email to him like you said I should.
    Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics captured from the 997. I am still working on readily understanding what the top row of data is telling me.

This first one is of a brushpile I've brought up in a zoom window. I am scanned out 150' to either side of the boat, but the brush is just to the right of the boat.

This is a whole series of brushpiles of which some I ran right over the top of with the boat. You can see some portions sticking up in the water column of the captured pic.

The above walleye was caught on the bamboo mat shown below. If I had of brought it up in a zoom window you would have been able to see the individual stalks of bamboo. Nonetheless, you can clearly see the cross or "X" shape made by this type of cover. That which you are seeing in the water column under the boat are small schools of shad.

I will try to get some good pics of the regualar standup bamboo condos soon.
    Darryl Morris

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like