Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: last night on wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default last night on wylie

i set up below the nuke bridge yesterday evening even tho i dint see no fish and thought id give it a try there since it was about this time last year when the bite started in there. shortly here come big e on his toon and they went on under the bridge for a bit then left. then here come kunes who barged up with me and we fished for a bit and decided to move to a different spot since the wind was gettin up and the fish wasnt cooperating. after settin up in a different location we had a slow bite but sorta steady with some bites coming in spurts. we dint hang around till our normal quittin time as it started drizzling rain and i dint wanna get wet. about the time we got the rods all in,, it had quit and the moon and stars was showing.. figger that one.. i dont know how many we wound up with, as kunes kept the fish. some of the fish was carryin swollen bellies so they gettin ready for the spring.. it wasnt many but probably enough for a small fish fry...
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    i set up below the nuke bridge yesterday evening even tho i dint see no fish and thought id give it a try there since it was about this time last year when the bite started in there. shortly here come big e on his toon and they went on under the bridge for a bit then left. then here come kunes who barged up with me and we fished for a bit and decided to move to a different spot since the wind was gettin up and the fish wasnt cooperating. after settin up in a different location we had a slow bite but sorta steady with some bites coming in spurts. we dint hang around till our normal quittin time as it started drizzling rain and i dint wanna get wet. about the time we got the rods all in,, it had quit and the moon and stars was showing.. figger that one.. i dont know how many we wound up with, as kunes kept the fish. some of the fish was carryin swollen bellies so they gettin ready for the spring.. it wasnt many but probably enough for a small fish fry...
    It was 12 craps and 4 white perch. I was surprised that 4 of the crappies were slabs. I guess I was surprised cause I hadn't seem em before. You musta caught all the biguns.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    It was 12 craps and 4 white perch. I was surprised that 4 of the crappies were slabs. I guess I was surprised cause I hadn't seem em before. You musta caught all the biguns.
    I knew a couple of em was pretty nice uns when i wrapped my hand around em to take the hook out. if you hadnt come along with them nets, i probably wouldnt have got em in the boat. I couldnt beleive i left my nets at home. when i was switching the boat over from sundays trip, i seen em and told myself i needed to get em, but then i reached for another dose of meds and forgot about em. when big e come up I started to ask if he had an extra one i could borrow but they seemed to be in a hurry i dint wanna slow em down.. If i was fishing a toon, id have one at each corner lol figgered if i had to i could lip em, if my bones would let me get down that low to reach to the water.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew a couple of em was pretty nice uns when i wrapped my hand around em to take the hook out. if you hadnt come along with them nets, i probably wouldnt have got em in the boat. I couldnt beleive i left my nets at home. when i was switching the boat over from sundays trip, i seen em and told myself i needed to get em, but then i reached for another dose of meds and forgot about em. when big e come up I started to ask if he had an extra one i could borrow but they seemed to be in a hurry i dint wanna slow em down.. If i was fishing a toon, id have one at each corner lol figgered if i had to i could lip em, if my bones would let me get down that low to reach to the water.
    I wish you had asked , I had an extra on board.We weren't really in a hurry but we had been scouting for a good hour or more when I saw you and were anxious to fish.It was bam bam's first trip out in 3 months after surgery and he had the itch for sure.When I saw you there and Kunes coming up river I figured that hole was pretty well covered and was wanting to find some spots for saturday.No luck on that front.We marked a lot of fish but couldn't persuade them to bite.From what the depth finder was telling me I had to be hitting them in the head.We almost came back over there to see how ya'll was doing but marked a bunch in front of the lake club marina and gave them a try.We only ended up with 5 crappies for the night.Not a banner night for sure but better than being completely skunked.I was thinking maybe the front pushing over on monday had something to do with the slow bite but sounds like ya'll didn't have that problem.You gonna try any more this week?
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    I wish you had asked , I had an extra on board.We weren't really in a hurry but we had been scouting for a good hour or more when I saw you and were anxious to fish.It was bam bam's first trip out in 3 months after surgery and he had the itch for sure.When I saw you there and Kunes coming up river I figured that hole was pretty well covered and was wanting to find some spots for saturday.No luck on that front.We marked a lot of fish but couldn't persuade them to bite.From what the depth finder was telling me I had to be hitting them in the head.We almost came back over there to see how ya'll was doing but marked a bunch in front of the lake club marina and gave them a try.We only ended up with 5 crappies for the night.Not a banner night for sure but better than being completely skunked.I was thinking maybe the front pushing over on monday had something to do with the slow bite but sounds like ya'll didn't have that problem.You gonna try any more this week?
    we left em biting fairly well but it looked like rain was headed our way with that drizzle and i dint wanna get wet so we pulled anchors and cut a choggie. im gonna be fishing some more this week, but dont know the details yet. its mostly a spur of the moment thing. I especially wanna do some drifting one day this week hoping to locate some for monday when im taking coach with me. Hes wanting to see how it works

Post Thanks / Like

we left em biting fairly well but it looked like rain was headed our way with that drizzle and i dint wanna get wet so we pulled anchors and cut a choggie. im gonna be fishing some more this week, but dont know the details yet. its mostly a spur of the moment thing. I especially wanna do some drifting one day this week hoping to locate some for monday when im taking coach with me. Hes wanting to see how it works
    Good luck , I hope you can find them.Did ya'll have any bait under the boat?We didn't have squat for bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    Good luck , I hope you can find them.Did ya'll have any bait under the boat?We didn't have squat for bait.
    no,, i dint see no bait around our lights last night. i have decided to do some drifting tomorrow tho,, instead of going tonight..

Post Thanks / Like

no,, i dint see no bait around our lights last night. i have decided to do some drifting tomorrow tho,, instead of going tonight..
    Good luck , wish I could be there.I still need that daylight lesson.Unfortunately the "W" word keeps getting in the way.lol...E.