Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retro fitting a bassboat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Retro fitting a bassboat

I own a 20'6" Astro bass boat and wondered if there were and systems for spider rigging that require no or minimal drilling. I want to fish some tournaments with a 12 year old and need to insure his safety. 2 seats up front possible and any other system help would be nice.

Thanks,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster

I use this rig from driftmaster, link at top of page, and love it. Three screws and you are in business, 6 screws for you and your 12 year old.

100 % adjustable.

In my opinion if you are tournament fishing you need a gps. A Garmin hand help is fine.

It is easier to long line from the back of the boat, if you plan on doing any of that. Do some experimenting, without boring holes, as to where the rod holders should be mounted. In the front watch for trolling motor clearance
    and ease of docking and undocking the trolling motor when the holders are in place.

Rear placement for pulling in a bassboat is sometimes tricky ( for two people to manage them) Make sure where you want the set up and just buy an extra set of star bases. Move the 4 pole mount as needed. They are very easy to move and remove.

I am fishing form a 17 ft. bassboat. Bottom line. decide whether you are going to fish two in front or not. Get the seating set up right, then mount the rod holders so they can be properly managed, in a comfortable position for an 8 hour day of fishing.

That means, getting to bait, both artifical and live, netting fish, culling fish, running the trolling motor.

good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a product that fits the front deck of your boat. and it has 2 seat bases, And has a piece that fits your center seat base. But can't remember where I saw it. Will let you know If I run up on it.
    Also in the center there was a place for your minnow bucket.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry that was the one I was trying to find.
    Glad you had it.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for your advice. While I don't really know what long lining is, I did talk to 1weezer over the weekend and he mentioned this in a conversation as somethig to try as well with a bassboat.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Darryl's website
    http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/News.htm
    He has several articles regarding some crappie tactics.

Here are a couple of more articles regarding spider rigging
    http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine...f0403_Crappie/

http://www.crappiestuff.com/spider_rigging_101.html
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting article about spider rigging in crappiestuff.com, the only thing I found strange was he mentioned using Tit Lok products, but the picture shows Driftmaster trolling bars if I am not mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Driftmaster
    Interesting article about spider rigging in crappiestuff.com, the only thing I found strange was he mentioned using Tit Lok products, but the picture shows Driftmaster trolling bars if I am not mistaken.
    Tit Lok ? I am not familiar with that. Asked the wife. She said if I didn't stop looking at those pictures I would find out what it was.
    Richard has a product of his own design that looks similar to tite lok bars. If that is his boat that may be some he has made for personal use.

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake and I apologize for the misspelled word, I certainly hope no one was offended.

Driftmaster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast