Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual Fish Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3rd Annual Fish Fry

Getting ready for Fish Fry

Party time! I had to compete with the College World Series but didn't do to bad, I think anyway.

I had 70 registered guest and more that didn't sign in. This was my 3rd Fish Fry for the neighborhood. All the fish cooked, is what I caught this spring. We had a pool for the kids and various games for the kids and had prizes and grab bags for all the kids, that attended. No one gets bored at these events. People have been calling and telling me what a great time they had and asked if they could come to the next one.
    I cooked up mostly Crappie, but this year I added Catfish, Bass, Bluegills, Perch, and even snuck in a few Drum and no one died from them or complained. Believe it or not I still have a few fish left in the freezer for another one.
    A few guys came the day before the event and helped me put up the gazebos and set up the tables and the pool was put up by my Grandkids.
    The weather really co-operated this time, and was only 89 and Sunny but had a S wind at 10-15 MPH. That kept the bugs away and was quite pleasant out. After the event a few friends and neighbors helped me take everything down and get it in my garage. These people are a great bunch of retirees, we always have a lot of fun.
    There was a thread on here about what cooker to use. I use a Stainless Steel Cooker and love it. It is really easy to clean up after it cools down.
    this is just my liberal thing that I do for my Friends and Neighbors. I catch a lot of fish and enjoy doing this. I was told not to put the fish back in the lake so this is helping the lake too, that I fish.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess I can quit checking my mailbox for my invite.lol Looks like all your friends had a good time and a full belly.Nothing like a good fish fry to get friends together.Thanks for shareing your pics.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

B Good Goin Eager Beaver. Glad Youall Had A Good Time.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great looking setup

EB, looks like you put on a great party for all...We use to have neighborhood FF when we lived on the Gulf Coast but here in VA the neighbors are far apart...

We usually have a family thing on holidays...Doris has a big, big family.

I know the folks can't wait until next year....I didn't know you were that nice...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's the American Way. Looks like ya'll had a great time!!!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good time. We used to have one every couple of years when I lived at home. I miss those times.

Post Thanks / Like

Brings back memories, I had a neighbor that had a big bash on the 4th and everybody in the neighborhood went there.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time - I'm thinking of doing one this summer on a little smaller scale - just a couple other families on our street.

What else did you serve with the fish? I'm thinking corn on the cob, salt potatoes, coleslaw, and maybe some potato and macaroni salads.

Any other suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4
    Sounds like a great time - I'm thinking of doing one this summer on a little smaller scale - just a couple other families on our street.

What else did you serve with the fish? I'm thinking corn on the cob, salt potatoes, coleslaw, and maybe some potato and macaroni salads.

Any other suggestions?
    There was all kinds of different dishes, River Slaw, Watergate Salad, Fruit tray's, all different kinds of pasta's and Potato salads, and can't have a party without dievled eggs, and the desserts you wouldn't believe the different kinds of mouth watering sweets.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

You're making me hungry <drools on keyboard>!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast