Thread: Wicked fun eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wicked fun eh?

Wonder where this goes on at?
    http://www.break.com/index/the-fish-hunters.html

Post Thanks / Like

MS river...

Post Thanks / Like

I heard they had problems with asian carp out there - this looks like a good fun way to start bringing the population down - they should start giving away asian carp bow hunting trips. I'd like to see a promotion like: "We'll supply the boat, gas, lodging and bow and arrows, so long as you promise to kill at least 200 each day you're here". They'd get me to hop in the truck and take a week offa work pretty quick!

Post Thanks / Like

If I am not mistaken that footage was shot (no pun intended) on the IL. river around McHenry IL. They have had a couple of specials on the news about the asain carp in this area. Actually there are a couple of commercial fisherman now netting them and selling them to a fish market. Not for sure what the fish market is doing with them but at least it might thin them out a little.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

At any body of water near you in a few years. There spreading like wildfire. And I for one. Hope they find a way to clean them out.
    But then again. I bet they would slow down the fast boats, wave runners and such. Come to think of it. That may not be a bad deal on Pickwick on a weekend ..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

They ought to trade out the bow and arrow for a shotgun and run down the river shooting them like a flushing quail! I hear some guys that run the river carry garbage can lids to protect themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been lucky enough to avoid them in our area thus far. Certainly not looking forward to seeing them anytime soon either.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is on the Illinois River! Harpenter recently there was a search for asian carp on the desplanes river and the DNR found none. The went through the river with nets. The did net tons of regualar carp some of them over 30pounds. So the electric barrier is working so far. Hope it stays working long enough for the DNR to find a way to get rid of them.

Post Thanks / Like

We have them around here and I can tell you first hand they will chip a tooth. Hate them and they can be really scary when you have kids in the boat. I have found the areas that they are more prevalent in and steer clear but we still have the occasional jumper land in the boat. Hit one the other day that I guess was going airborn just as I got there and jumped into the underside of the nose. I swore I hit a log or something

Post Thanks / Like

I like the shotgun idea...pull!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast