Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as a 8 foot Jon Boat?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is there such a thing as a 8 foot Jon Boat?

If so, where can I get one? I have found a 10 footer, but was told that some 8 footers were manufactured. Let me know. I am scheming up something as usual. It should be interesting.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Scroll down this page and you can make you a 7 ft john boat..LOL
    http://www.simplicityboats.com/OSchallengeresults.html
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom, thats an easy one. Buy a ten footer. Take it to school. Get the welding class to take a torch and cut two feet off of it. Or did you mean an 8 footer that floats?

Post Thanks / Like

You want an 8 footer for Kentucky Lake? Dang, got more guts than I have. You da man Tom.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy thats going to be his livewell.LOL
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Question I smell a plan.....

Ol' Tom has got a goodun up his sleeve, he's gonna make an autonomous boat. The boat will include a robot that fishes for crappies.....he's a sharp one, that Tom.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of local fishermen at Grenada Lake in Mississippi that use those small boats. They put a big trolling motor on them and buzz around from tree to tree. It's pretty neat to watch them do this.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen two time winners of Crappie USA tournaments fishing out of small john boats and catching quite a few slabs. These boats being small and low to the water make it easier to sneak up on the crappie quietly. Sometimes I wish I had a small two man boat to fish some of the local ponds and pits. Something that is light weight and transportable over rough terrain.

Knowing tom he will probably add a radio control driver to the motor and use it around his back yard. LOL
    I can see an R2D2 driving that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    There are a lot of local fishermen at Grenada Lake in Mississippi that use those small boats. They put a big trolling motor on them and buzz around from tree to tree. It's pretty neat to watch them do this.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What about one of those little dinghys that they tow behind sailboats? I thought about getting one for a tackle box. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have one

I have an aluminum 8' factory boat that weighs about 40lbs. I can drag it with one hand while caring a bucket of minnows in the other hand as fast as I can walk. It is great for remote fishing where you have to walk in. I do not use a trolling motor with it unless I can drive to the launch site. (battery is too heavy to carry and weighs more than the boat). I have to sit in the middle of boat for it to sit flat in the water. When I am in the front, the back stands up. The boat sits flat when 2 people are in it or if I am using a battery to weight the other end down. I love this little boat but it is not for carring a lot of equipment or for wakes caused by bass boats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast