Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you're watching the Gardens tonight...

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you're watching the Gardens tonight...

Please root for the basset hound, CH Foxglen Special Forces ("Major"), handled by my brother-in-law, Pat, when they compete in the Hound Group tonight at Westminster.

The hell of it is, we're too far out for cable, so I can't watch. I'll be checking in at http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org. You can stream their video coverage through the webiste as well. = Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    Please root for the basset hound, CH Foxglen Special Forces ("Major"), handled by my brother-in-law, Pat, when they compete in the Hound Group tonight at Westminster.

The hell of it is, we're too far out for cable, so I can't watch. I'll be checking in at http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org. You can stream their video coverage through the webiste as well. = Roberta
    Beautiful dog. He didn't win the group but best of breed is what everyone shoots for anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

The hell of it is, we're too far out for cable, so I can't watch.

There is a product called satellite TV. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love the Basset

Best of Breed 2005

Post Thanks / Like

What a noble looking dog! Congrats & kudos on best of breed!

#1 dog thought.... I swore I heard a can opener!
    #2 dog thought.... I just got smelling good again, and here they go and give me another bath! :D <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

I see you have lived with hounds. ;-)

Major is a very nice basset. He's a multiple best in show dog and his next big goal is set for October, with the hopes of winning the Nationals. - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    I see you have lived with hounds. ;-)

Major is a very nice basset. He's a multiple best in show dog and his next big goal is set for October, with the hopes of winning the Nationals. - Roberta
    Roberta- I never had a Basset but used to raise Bluetick Coon Hounds. I now have a beautiful Black Lab but nothing compares to a hounds personality. They are unique.

The father of the lab we have was National Champion a couple of years ago. His mother was International Champ.

When I was shopping for a lab I of course went to the good breeders first. I was totally blown away by how much they wanted for the dogs. They started at $2500 up to $5000!!

The boy we got had a very mild hip problem. But it's very mild. He was intended for breeding and they waited until the last moment to neuter him because of the vet report hadn't changed in a year.

Anyway he was a freebe!! They wouldn't sell him to me. I've never had such royality in the house before. What a difference breeding makes.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ooooo...Blueticks

That's one of my favorite breeds. It's also a favorite of Major's handler, Pat. He (and many of us) are waiting for them to be entered into the AKC studbook. Right now, only the Black & Tan is allowed in AKC events. They're wonderful dogs, and if the rest of the coonhound pack comes in, the powers that be will be forced to split the scent hounds off from the sighthounds. That means no more good basset hounds losing to fluffy afghan hounds. Yay!

On your point on cost, it's hard to explain to people who have been shopping through the newspaper why good stock is so expensive. If they saw the bills for the various genetic disease screening tests, they might get it. It's good that your boy was neutered. I've told people to forget the little puppy - ask for a washout from the show ring or even a retired champion, and they might get a really good dog for free. You know I tried to place one of our girls after she finished her title, and no one wanted a 4 year old basset. Their loss.
    Boy, this post is starting to look like one of Moose's - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that!!!

Congratulation on the win. I watched the show for a few minutes but got distracted by a commercial and started flipping channels.

like one of Moose's - Roberta[/QUOTE]
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I am a lab man myself - my boy sunny weighs 105 and thinks he is a lap dog - does not seem the labs ever do well at Westminster - the German Short Hair Pointer put on a heck of a show - I am a sporting group fan as well
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast