Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night fishing for crappie ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing for crappie ??

Gonna be trying night fishing for crappie for the first time.. I don't have a submersible light but was gonna try light sticks and substitute.. ANy thought on that and any help on what to use for night fishing would be GREATLY appreciated...

It's all new to me, when it ccomes to crappie...

Post Thanks / Like

if you havent i would read rangos artical on the opening page under articels &technques the light will attact the bait fish in, so thats going to be trail & error for ya try to find a ledge or channel in about 25 to 30 feet again trail & error again rod holders to see the bite, boat light to see get out there and post how you did
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I forgot to add is I'll be doing it from shore...

I already know a few hotspots on this lake but not sure how they'll fare with night fishing...

Also should I be using live bait or stick with my artificials(with some added glow in the dark features maybejust for the night)??

Post Thanks / Like

dont know about from shore might depend on how deep the water gets some deep docks would be nice there is some bridges in this area where you can fish under pretty good at night
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Minnows usually work better at night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuxdaddy
    Gonna be trying night fishing for crappie for the first time.. I don't have a submersible light but was gonna try light sticks and substitute.. ANy thought on that and any help on what to use for night fishing would be GREATLY appreciated...

It's all new to me, when it ccomes to crappie...
    get u a 12 volt tail light socket at parts store or off a junk car and use a 1157 tail light bulb. fix u a globe out of a one gal bleach bottle. mount the socket in the neck and cut the bottom out of the jug and hang it over the side. let about one inch of the jug go down in the water. just a kentucky redneck idea but it works good.
    ( sorry i just saw the part about fishing from shore) it would still work but u would have to lug a battery down to the water.
    Last edited by twistertail; 06-24-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it sounds like the lightsticks aren't gonna cut it .. Guess I'll make do with what what I have and have fun.. Thanks for all the help folks !!:D

I really appreciate it all!!

I have to ask what's so special about the white light when fishing, do they attract them that much ??
    Last edited by tuxdaddy; 06-24-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tuxdaddy
    Well it sounds like the lightsticks aren't gonna cut it .. Guess I'll make do with what what I have and have fun.. Thanks for all the help folks !!:D

I really appreciate it all!!

I have to ask what's so special about the white light when fishing, do they attract them that much ??
    lights draw baitfish baitfish draw crappie

Post Thanks / Like

get a floating fishing light at walmart for 12 bucks. use lawn mower battery. Should last a few hours, and won't be too hard to lug to the water. Also, if there is a tree or a bridge, might be able to lower a lantern to just above the water.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

if you have large floats put 2 lightsticks on line under a large float and cast with another rod will work, the large catfish floats, put lights 6-8" apart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast